Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

On 12/14/2020 at 11:06 AM, TJTX said:

It has officially begun.   Just cleaning some resin pour stubs right now.

20201214_110548.jpg

Some day I will get back to mine, I got so far as to finish the cockpit, then realized the kit seat is terrible, ordered a new one and it has sat since then.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1to1scale said:

Some day I will get back to mine, I got so far as to finish the cockpit, then realized the kit seat is terrible, ordered a new one and it has sat since then.

Join the club.  That would make 4, You, Smitty, Ernie, and me.  After that we can throw together some Phantoms for a fighter sweep ahead of our Thuds.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, harv said:

Looks familiar....harv:popcorn:

Yup!  I had to use some "liquid sprue" on some seams and really wanted to let it dry well.  Then I've slowly been sanding that smooth before I rescribe.   I'm switching mine up to match the Thud now for my soon to be "Vietnam shelf". I've got a Thud, T-28, F-104, and Phantom as of now.  I'll need to track down a F-100 next.

• Like 4

Just now, harv said:

So, how many on the bench now Carl ??....harv

Too many? 

On the bench, there's the He219, the Stratos which is my main focus, the M60, Scammell and Grant. 

Under the bench is my KH Kingfisher and a Subaru WRX rally car. 

Behind the bench is a F-104J and a CF-104D and the Hawker Hart. 

At least I finished my Super Star Destroyer. 

A minute ago anyways. :D

PXL_20201217_030806780.thumb.jpg.f108bf9d709b91e418255cede1f2fcf4.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

What about a new years resolution Carl.......thou shall not........”add as required”.........:rolleyes:

That's the plan Phil. I'm trying to get at least a couple of these finished. Won't happen before the new year though. 

• Like 4

The Fokker E.V / D.VIII could be my next project. The plastic is from Mikro Mir and looks a bit coarse at first sight with flash, some minor defects and some sink marks. I test fitted the fuselage and there will be some filler needed.
Before I dig deeper into the build, I will evaluate some critical areas of the build, mainly the wing and wheel struts, which look flimsy. I will try to make my own from soldered flattened brass tube.

I will most likely chose the scheme No. 4, low on the right side and if the kit turns out to be fun, I will build a second one in yellow and black diamond livery 

IMG_7919.thumb.JPG.deacdb8742ba9539f1f2ab5743fbcfb8.JPG

Which of the engines I use , the Lukgraph 'Le Rhone' or the CSM 'Oberursel will depend on the fit under the Aviattic cowling. The other one will be used in my Camel or Fokker Dr.1 build.

A little comparison between the Aviattic cowling (left) and the kit one.

IMG_7921.thumb.JPG.9309c778297548445c22a2cb0382c69b.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 8

1 hour ago, DocRob said:

The Fokker E.V / D.VIII could be my next project. The plastic is from Mikro Mir and looks a bit coarse at first sight with flash, some minor defects and some sink marks. I test fitted the fuselage and there will be some filler needed.
Before I dig deeper into the build, I will evaluate some critical areas of the build, mainly the wing and wheel struts, which look flimsy. I will try to make my own from soldered flattened brass tube.

I will most likely chose the scheme No. 4, low on the right side and if the kit turns out to be fun, I will build a second one in yellow and black diamond livery 

IMG_7919.thumb.JPG.deacdb8742ba9539f1f2ab5743fbcfb8.JPG

Which of the engines I use , the Lukgraph 'Le Rhone' or the CSM 'Oberursel will depend on the fit under the Aviattic cowling. The other one will be used in my Camel or Fokker Dr.1 build.

A little comparison between the Aviattic cowling (left) and the kit one.

IMG_7921.thumb.JPG.9309c778297548445c22a2cb0382c69b.JPG

Cheers Rob

Will you be doing a WIP on this one, Rob? I just ordered that kit!

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Bill_S said:

I've got the same kit. It's my favourite WWI plane. I can't recall who but someone makes a template jig for getting the angles on the struts correctly. I think I have it. I can take a look if you want. 

Carl

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Great choice of subject Carl :)

M60A2.jpg

Gotta agree. Such a cool looking beast and the big Shillelagh launcher on the front.

Remember war gaming with these as a kid back in the early 80s and they were totally hit and miss - 50% chance of a hit but if you got one it blew anything apart!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Bill_S said:

I will, if I get the problem areas like strut soldering solved.

2 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I've got the same kit. It's my favourite WWI plane. I can't recall who but someone makes a template jig for getting the angles on the struts correctly. I think I have it. I can take a look if you want. 

The jig is in the Pheon decal set on the right. you get pre printed self adhesive paper, which you have to stick onto cardboard, cut the contours and put everything together as a jig for the wheel struts and the wing attachment.

Cheers Rob

• Like 6

4 hours ago, smitty44 said:

Had this tucked away after struggling with kit lozenge for a while. Thought I would wrap this one up real quick before I get too far into the 105 now that I have some Aviattic.

16083094148805196664980066192600.jpg

I'm beginning to think we have some weird modeling worm hole between our benches!! Mines being rigged right now.

20201218_154007.jpg

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, TJTX said:

I'm beginning to think we have some weird modeling worm hole between our benches!! Mines being rigged right now.

20201218_154007.jpg

And that picture sums up why I haven't had the balls to attempt my one and only WNW kit yet!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GusMac said:

And that picture sums up why I haven't had the balls to attempt my one and only WNW kit yet!

What impedes you?  WnW is the only kit that you can turn over safely.  If it was a Roden kit and you tried that without somehow modifying the struts and cabanes, or clamping it all together ever so gently, but not too loosely, the top wing would shear off.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2