Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Build BEAUFIGHTER they said, it's FUN they said :)

This is great Martin. I almost started this instead of the Kingfisher. Still might break it out especially with you building one. As for an all black version, that's the release I have:

IMG_20161106_200733-L.jpg

IMG_20161106_200746-L.jpg

I'm thinking Coastal Command myself but I need to make a clear some to cover the antennae on the fuselage. 

Carl

• Like 6

7 hours ago, DocRob said:

Hi Martin, you are the man to tackle that Beau, I will follow for sure.

Cheers Rob

Thank You Rob, let us see how far I can tackle this one :), Thank you for stopping by.

3 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

This is great Martin. I almost started this instead of the Kingfisher. Still might break it out especially with you building one. As for an all black version, that's the release I have:

IMG_20161106_200733-L.jpg

IMG_20161106_200746-L.jpg

I'm thinking Coastal Command myself but I need to make a clear some to cover the antennae on the fuselage. 

Carl

Thank You Carl, well this build is so much fun and I am really excited about it. There is nothing to mess up, you can only make things better :) I opted for 1F version in order to a\void all of the necessary additions related to later versions. Can't wait to see yours. 

Cheers

M.

3 hours ago, RalphSarc said:

Really great progress so far. I just bought this kit over the winte. I’m  looking forward to the special challenges and opportunities it offers.  Nice work on the cockpit by the way .

Thank You Ralph, this kit is rather basic, but still a great starting point, it all boils down to references.

Cheers

M.

Thinning the trailing edge :)

IMG_0247-down.jpg.fd22a00dd7ad7860bc172791d93f8eb6.jpg

• Like 9

Thank You for stopping by Hubert, Yes I am trying to utilize my spare time this week, the pace will slow down as we get to more intricate detail assembly.

Hi Phill, thank you for the compliments. I actually started last week and open this topic yesterday.  The only new tooling that popped out recently were 1/48 scale Revell and 1/72 scale Airfix.  There were also many rumours surrounding upcoming Beaufighter release  created by me , therefore unreliable  :)

Beaufighter-MkI-RAF-25Sqn-ZK-R2069-FlgOf

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

PHVX0545.thumb.jpg.264f88626155e198a4734945c79d0e0b.jpg

Revell mould tool designer to boss..

"Boss, I'm gonna put panel lines and rivet detail in the wheel bays on our new Beaufighter kit, it'll be a beaut sir". 

Boss to mould tool designer..

"Great, careful where you put those Ejector pins mind"..

Mould tool designer..

"Oh 8ollox"!!!!

• Like 7

8 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Hey Martin,

Not much time or motivation for foruming lately.  Glad I caught your build before you finished it!  You're doing some smoking great stuff!

Gaz

Hu Gaz, thank you for stopping by. Appreciate the compliments :), the plan is to keep it as simple as possible......or else  LOL

9 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

This is Epic Martin!

Love the Beau and especially love what you are doing.  I read somewhere there is a highly detailed cockpit set in the making (by Model Monkey??)

Anyway keep up the awesome work, I totally love builds like this!

Thank You Anthony, I am having so much fun with this build, glad I can have you watching, you imputes and knowledge are alway appreciated.

Cheers

Martin

17 hours ago, NigelR32 said:

"Boss, I'm gonna put panel lines and rivet detail in the wheel bays on our new Beaufighter kit, it'll be a beaut sir". 

Mould tool designer..

"Oh 8ollox"!!!!

He he, that exactly what they were thinking, no realizing that they set the precedencefor years to come :)

Cheers

M.

This is what I did last night :)

IMG_0254.thumb.jpg.14463d94dc876665b4c5822d81c8545c.jpgIMG_0253_2.thumb.JPG.f294e967b9f4cad255e8fe1fb104955b.JPG

• Like 8

Martin, I think your definition of "keeping it simple" is other people's " I'm going to scratch build an interior" :D

Which is awesome!

I picked up a Tamiya Beaufighter to get an idea to the layout of the interior. Want me to scan the instructions?

Carl

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

These are from the recent Airfile book on the Beaufighter. 

Thank You so much Carl, definitely helps :)

8 minutes ago, coolboxx said:

Awesome work Martin, where they kidding you...easy....huh

Thank You, easy peasy ...giggle giggle  :)

preliminary fit of the floor, it is wobbly for now

IMG_0255.thumb.jpg.d0e6a05eabf5bc45477d708d9fe8e543.jpg

and this can give you an idea how much is going to be visible once it's all zipped up

IMG_0256_2.thumb.jpg.6af61a4733f2dd4b80b25756e34248e3.jpgIMG_0257.thumb.jpg.ec95e7789547d56d8a164cca32b288b9.jpg

and this is what I am playing with right now

IMG_0259.thumb.jpg.f73d819b4d894b85e599533eaeab4d98.jpg

• Like 7

• Administrators
19 hours ago, NigelR32 said:

Mould tool designer..

"Oh 8ollox"!!!!

I don't care what anyone else says, but that's FUNNY!

• Like 6