The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

I've created a monster.

BlrwestSiR

So my 6 year old son is working on a Revellogram 1/72 F-14 snap kit and blurts out  " Whoever made this kit did a terrible job! I can't get my cutters around the (sprue) tab as it's in a stupid place." This is one of the few snap kits he's put together. He's built a few regular kits already but this was out of a loot bag from his birthday party so I thought would be a quick build. 

I think I've let the monster out of the cage and he'll be demanding only Tamiya or Hasegawa kits from here on. :lol:

Carl

• Like 9

So true guys. No requests yet for AM but it's only a question of time...

This morning I go woken up because my oldest Findlay wanted a sanding stick as Edward wasn't sharing. It turns out they'd woken up at 630 and raided the stash. Thankfullybi have some older 1/72 Hasegawa kits so good practice for them. 

Carl

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Me thinks the good stash needs to be secured...........

I was going to say the exact same thing................... Dad will be making a trip to Canadian Tire for a NEW Lock !  That's funny Carl, I am so glad they are taking up the hobby.................. for now that is................... girls , cars and beer will soon make an appearance, but it is giving them skills now, awesome , Buddy !

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Me thinks the good stash needs to be secured...........

The good stash is all in big kits so they're harder for them to pull out. For now at least...

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

I was going to say the exact same thing................... Dad will be making a trip to Canadian Tire for a NEW Lock !  That's funny Carl, I am so glad they are taking up the hobby.................. for now that is................... girls , cars and beer will soon make an appearance, but it is giving them skills now, awesome , Buddy !

Their interest in cars have already started.

i-CjgQz2F-L.jpg

i-b2vrm3h-L.jpg

Findlay was recently upset at the possiblity that autonomous cars might eliminate his chance at learning to drive in 8 years. We told him truly self driving cars are much further away and not to worry. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Jeff said:

EXPENSIVE cars too..................... boys after MY own heart !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This pic is from a couple years ago. It's when my wife briefly considered one for our family car. 

i-T3JfpZZ-L.jpg

She figured since they could buckle up Thier seatbelts on their own a Challenger would be fine. Changed her mind when she saw the mileage. Maybe we'll try again in a couple years...

4 minutes ago, harv said:

Awesome Carl ! I tried with my grandson moons ago, but gaming is his thing.....hatv

Thanks Harv! They play the odd game but we've managed to limit their time on tablets and what have you. With some recent studies having  come out on the impact of mobile devices and TV on really young kids, we're kind of glad too.

• Like 4

On 4/26/2019 at 6:24 PM, Martinnfb said:

321.jpeg

Looks like a very young Findlay driving Carl's "Minivan".................... no wonder he is now sitting in VERY expensive sports cars................ GOOD boy Findlay !

• Like 2

We're off to Canada's Wonderland (a big amusement park) tomorrow so they can get their fill of faster, further, how long is this line anyways?!!!?

Then we'll see about the driving lessons :)

Carl

• Like 4