The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

IPMS Nationals in Chattanooga

Clunkmeister

17 hours ago, crazypoet said:

I’ll have the Picket Boat there, at least by Friday noon-ish.  It’s sadly all I’ll have done.  

If we have enough Display Models between us, it’d be truly fun to have a table.

SADLY!!! Don't do yourself down. If I'd built something like that once in my lifetime I'd retire happy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, GusMac said:

SADLY!!! Don't do yourself down. If I'd built something like that once in my lifetime I'd retire happy!

Now you’re going to make me blush!

[tries vainly to shrink head back to normal]

i am hoping to get feedback on the live version, taken as a whole.  I’d enter it in the contest except that it’s far more wood than plastic, which doesn’t seem to fit a plastic model convention 

• Like 1

You'd hope judges would recognise skill regardless of the medium but unfortunately it's often a case of blindly following 'the Rules!'

My son will get his final school Art & Design exam result on Tuesday and although on talent he should get an A, I suspect he may even fail. Reason - he did all the 'drawing' on a digital graphics tablet and his teacher suspects most of the people marking the work won't understand that he still had to draw it, it didn't do it for him.

He's not worried as he's into Uni anyway and the skills he's gained will serve him well as his course is in Computer Games Design but it's still frustrating that some educators still seem to be stuck in the 20th Century.

Doesn't alter the fact it's still a beautiful piece of work Crazypoet, you should be very proud of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The display table admin asked me if anyone here would be reserving a table to LSM members, as he doesn’t see us on the reservation list.  I’d do it myself except that I won’t be there until Friday and will be paying my registration at the door 

Is there anyone who will be taking display models along who’d be willing to take on a table reservation?

• Like 3

• Administrators
9 hours ago, crazypoet said:

The display table admin asked me if anyone here would be reserving a table to LSM members, as he doesn’t see us on the reservation list.  I’d do it myself except that I won’t be there until Friday and will be paying my registration at the door 

Is there anyone who will be taking display models along who’d be willing to take on a table reservation?

I’m taking the Lanc and I’m going to put it on the display table. I should be there Wednesday morning if I get out of here on time. 

I guess I could bring the Gotha and maybe the Felix. I dunno, we’ll see. The Lanc will be the first model I’ve built for myself in two years.  :(

• Like 4

• Administrators
On 8/2/2019 at 10:40 PM, crazypoet said:

I’ll have the Picket Boat there, at least by Friday noon-ish.  It’s sadly all I’ll have done.  

If we have enough Display Models between us, it’d be truly fun to have a table.

It should be a good time. Can you make a larger LSM Logo for our table? I’m going to try, but I’m not sure what I can get done in time. My Lanc’s the priority.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

It should be a good time. Can you make a larger LSM Logo for our table? I’m going to try, but I’m not sure what I can get done in time. My Lanc’s the priority.

I’ll do a couple different versions.  I’m limited a bit in terms of size - I can’t do anything larger than 11x17”

but there’s still fun things that can be done - i’ll Dig around a bit on the site and come up with something that represents us well

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1