The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

IPMS Nationals in Chattanooga

Clunkmeister

• Administrators

I know Recon Mike has a dinner for all us scheduled for Thursday? night, but I’m curious if anyone bought tickets for the Banquet?  Personally, I did not, because in my opinion, it’s the biggest waste of time and money this side of 1/144 scale figure painting. 

Last year a gaggle of us went to a nice steakhouse and still saved money over the banquet K-Rats meal.

Would like some feedback from those going. Thoughts? Plans? Ernie go to hell, whatever, I’d like to k ow the prevailing thoughts. 

• Like 2

• Administrators

It’ll be in San Marcos, Texas next year. Pretty much a straight shot for you, Ron.  

I’ll put this out here. VERY preliminary right now, but a couple of us have been thinking of opening up the Fliegerhof (my place) for a bit of a get together a few days before the Nats start. I’m in North Texas about 35 miles north of Dallas. 

Preliminary plans include the Cavanaugh Air Museum, CAF Dallas, and possibly, a private tour of a noted aircraft collector’s stuff.  If interest is sufficient, a range day can be arranged. Texas BBQ of course. And if need be, the Mother of all Shindigs.   I  have access to local transportation as well. 

Feedback would be interssting to hear.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Yes it’s been an entire year.  Your right, it seems like yesterday. But time flies when you’re having fun. Slow time for modeling and the internet stuff. Everyone’s either on vacation or deep into finishing builds.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

It’ll be in San Marcos, Texas next year. Pretty much a straight shot for you, Ron.  

I’ll put this out here. VERY preliminary right now, but a couple of us have been thinking of opening up the Fliegerhof (my place) for a bit of a get together a few days before the Nats start. I’m in North Texas about 35 miles north of Dallas. 

Preliminary plans include the Cavanaugh Air Museum, CAF Dallas, and possibly, a private tour of a noted aircraft collector’s stuff.  If interest is sufficient, a range day can be arranged. Texas BBQ of course. And if need be, the Mother of all Shindigs.   I  have access to local transportation as well. 

Feedback would be interssting to hear.

Ernie,  This a real possibility for me.  In fact its more than likely.  Please put me down as officer in charge of whiskey....

• Like 2

We'll get in mid afternoon on Thursday so I'm game for whatever you guys have planned. I'm not entering any models nor am I partaking in any banquet or side shows.

Coker Tire Museum nearby as is the Towing and Recovery Museum. I might check both of them out. 

Even though it's a bit of back-tracking for me, next year's Fliegerhof sounds like fun.

• Like 3

There is no banquet this year just a dessert bar. As far as our annual dinner that will have to take place on Friday night. If anyone knows of a great place to eat, let us know.

George from Tamiya will be coming along with us as well as Gary fron GT Resins.

Mike

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SapperSix said:

Ernie,  This a real possibility for me.  In fact its more than likely.  Please put me down as officer in charge of whiskey....

Uuuuummmmmm................................... "officer in charge of whiskey".............?? Is that or could that be like maybe letting the FOX guard the HEN house??  Sounds ominous.... but I LOVE it !!!!:rofl:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sluggo said:

We'll get in mid afternoon on Thursday so I'm game for whatever you guys have planned. I'm not entering any models nor am I partaking in any banquet or side shows.

Coker Tire Museum nearby as is the Towing and Recovery Museum. I might check both of them out. 

Even though it's a bit of back-tracking for me, next year's Fliegerhof sounds like fun.

"Towing and Recovery Museum??? HUH who knew.................  as a truck driver and a dedicated fan of the tv reality show Highway Thru Hell......which is filmed only a few miles from where I live and I have been over that road many times, and lover of trucks, that museum sounds VERY interesting................ do they have a website ??

• Like 2

I'm not going to be able to attend the whole thing, but I'm hoping to make it to at least some of the stuff on Friday and Saturday.  I'm in Atlanta, so I have zero excuse not to attend - it's less than 3 hours from my humble abode by car.

I'd love to catch up with any/all of the crew - perhaps a Friday night pub-crawl?

• Like 3

Hey gang. Sorry to say I won't make it there this year. Some minor health issues and some other plans are keeping us away. I can't tell you all how much I was looking forward to meeting you.  So take lots of pics and have a hell of a good time. Keep Ern away from the booze though.........harv

• Like 4

• Administrators

yikes!

You guys are bound and determined to give me a heart attack, aren't you?  remember, this IS a family friendly place, right?

We can use the Pan American World Airways Clipper term: "FLIGHT DECK".

• Like 2