The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

2nd Annual LSM Christmas raffle and winners list

Clunkmeister

• Administrators

Folks, this is shaping up to being one seriously amazing Christmas Drawing!  Absolutely amazing gifts are being pledged, and the participants are awesome!

THIS is my favorite part of being on LSM!  Seeing this come together and the generosity of members is way, way cool.

• Like 3

On 11/17/2019 at 10:14 PM, Clunkmeister said:

Ho Ho Ho Ho...

Ok, this time of year again, folks!

Our Christmas raffle went over well last year, except that one or two got missed with a gift.  I take that responsibility on myself, and I’ll ensure it does not happen again.

I’ll go over the rules and once again, attempt to keep it simple.   So here is rundown of rules so everyone is refreshed and aware.  For those who participated over there, you'll see a couple minor rule changes implemented by me just because I can. 

1.   Anyone who wants to enter to win may do so, IF, they are an Active Member of LSM as of right now. (November 17, 2019 1610 hrs CST)

2.   Active Member is defined as anyone who has contributed to LSM by posting two posts to LSM within the last calender year. I though of making it a WIP requirement, but decided exactly 10 seconds ago to nix that idea.  The whole idea here is to promote a feeling of Christmas Spirit and maybe get people posting more. So let’s make this fun!

3.   Enrolling:   Entering the raffle is easy. Just post  "I'm in" and I'll mark you down. You do not need to contribute a gift to win a gift.

4.   Gifts:   You're welcome to contribute a gift to be included in the raffle.  It’s absolutely not required or expected and you do NOT need to contribute a gift to be part of the raffle.

5.    Impropriety:    To avoid any sense of impropriety, I am going to ask that all people who feel led to contribute gifts to please verify your gifts as listed correctly.  Anything LSM related is good in my book.     Aircraft and AFVs, supplies, AM, tools, etc, are all OK.     I would suggest that if you're giving a bunch of little AM bibs and bobs, or things like magazine collections, think about including them as a package.   It makes my job easier when it comes to keeping track of who gave and won what.

6.    More Impropriety:  As the organizer and overseer of this operation, once again, I will NOT be eligible for any gift drawings.  

7.    Giving something is cool, but there is no right or wrong. Some give kits, others a resin set of wheels or #11 blades, or decide not to.   If you feel led to, then do, cool, if not, then there is no big deal. 

8.    But remember, if you offer a gift, you're responsible for the shipping charges to the winner.

9.     Gift givers and winners are to contact each other in a timely manner and winner must provide shipping information so the giver can get the package in the mail.

10.   This is a fun Christmas Raffle, guys.  If you pledge a gift, please make every effort to get it out in a timely fashion. 

11.    I will attempt to update the prize list and the names of those who entered the raffle on a daily basis.  If there's more entrants than gifts, not everyone will receive a gift.  If there's more gifts than entrants, then some will get more than one.  

12.   Drawing:  Christmas Day in the USA, because that's where I live, and I work the day before, so the Aussies and the Kiwis gotta wait an extra day. Sorry guys!

Pretty normal stuff, eh?  I think this oughta be a fun thing and I really hope everyone has a good time with this!

Ernie

• Like 3

• Administrators
On 11/30/2019 at 9:28 AM, lestab said:

I would like to be in with this, is this ok? 

5E8572D3-B4F7-40D8-8CB2-568D7BED7BAE.jpeg

Well, I’ve been trying to keep the model stuff as LSM only. So all though I wish I could, I need to pass on the 1/48 kit.  But have no fear, you’re still entered in the drawing even if you don’t have a prize to offer.  :)

• Like 3

I have a Squadron/Signal Walk Around for the EA-6B Prowler I can donate.

Also have a set of 1/32 markings for F-16C Golden State Griffins by Twobobs Aviation Graphics (32-033) suitable for the Hasegawa, Academy, or Tamiya F-16C kit. Specific markings for 2 planes, S/N 84-1318 and 85-1404.

• Like 2

On 12/20/2019 at 10:59 PM, DannyVM said:

I'm in.......this is my contribution to the raffle

WETWl92l.jpg

Regards

Danny

I have that kit. It is awesome and weighs a tonne. Good on you. The postage will be high.

I have 2 HB Sturmoviks.

Who the hell needs 2 Sturmoviks?

Plus a 1/48.

Well done mate. Not a cheap kit. :thumbsup2:

• Like 2

Guest DannyVM
39 minutes ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

I have that kit. It is awesome and weighs a tonne. Good on you. The postage will be high.

I have 2 HB Sturmoviks.

Who the hell needs 2 Sturmoviks?

Plus a 1/48.

Well done mate. Not a cheap kit. :thumbsup2:

I didn't pay for this kit, i won it also with a raffle on LSP. So i'm not gonna sell this one, i'm not like that. Better to donate it to someone who likes it. Postage will be enough but still not to expensive, so hope you guy's like it.