The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

How Many Model Shows Will be Cancelled this Year?

GazzaS

Hey guys, It finally dawned on me that we have the solution at hand : we are men, and we are real modellers.

There are two things real men AND modellers don’t need: maps and building instructions. If I start using the instruction sheets of the kits in my stash, I am good for a few years of whatever plague we have to face.Eureka !

Hubert

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, HubertB said:

Hey guys, It finally dawned on me that we have the solution at hand : we are men, and we are real modellers.

There are two things real men AND modellers don’t need: maps and building instructions. If I start using the instruction sheets of the kits in my stash, I am good for a few years of whatever plague we have to face.Eureka !

Hubert

GENIUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/12/2020 at 9:12 PM, Clunkmeister said:

I went t the local supermarket to buy a few groceries, and just for kicks I walked down the hand towel and toilet paper aisle. 

Absolutely none left.  The truck comes every three days and the shelves were full this morning. According to the manager, within an hour of them opening today, they were sold out.  About 10 people came in and bought out the entire store. 

Not cool.  They need to put limits on amounts. I’m all set, but others maybe not. 

Yea Ernie 

I agree, wife went to Krogers (grocery store) at 3:00 am last night. She said there was absolutely no meat, milk, cheese, butter, snacks, cereal, toilet paper the shelfs were bare. People are hording food and supplies, not cool. I think theres too much talk about this on the news channels and they are panicking the people.

Ron  G 

• Like 5

There was a couple spotted outside a Costco in Vancouver buying Lysol wipes by the skid (they had 2 full skids). They told the reporter who asked them what they were doing and they said they're reselling it on Amazon for $89 a six pack. Which they were paying no more than $20 for each.  Amazon found out and shut their account down. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, CrankyCrafstman said:

Yea Ernie 

I agree, wife went to Krogers (grocery store) at 3:00 am last night. She said there was absolutely no meat, milk, cheese, butter, snacks, cereal, toilet paper the shelfs were bare. People are hording food and supplies, not cool. I think theres too much talk about this on the news channels and they are panicking the people.

Ron  G 

EXACTLY.............. our illustrious Provincial Premier said at a news conference yesterday , he thinks there is a 'special place' for those who hoard for themselves and then put the hoard on EBAY for excess prices ...................... really, what kind of people are really out there....  even in our little town there is hoarding going on, most stuff is unavailable.... my daughter just called and said there was a run on potatoes, the kind in the plastic bag, as no one wants to touch the bulk ones............... really?/ No butt wipe, no snot rags, and now no paper towels..... who knew those items would be the hot commodity............ I also saw on the news the Cops in Yonkers NY had to control the traffic chaos at a Costco store............... this is becoming quite comical...................... AND who doesn't have a weeks worth of food in their house???

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

There was a couple spotted outside a Costco in Vancouver buying Lysol wipes by the skid (they had 2 full skids). They told the reporter who asked them what they were doing and they said they're reselling it on Amazon for $89 a six pack. Which they were paying no more than $20 for each.  Amazon found out and shut their account down. 

EXCELLENT.................. that is criminal................ always someone out there trying a scam on..... disgusting, I'd say....

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, krow113 said:

lol

I remember the TP plant here in B.C. got shut down for a weekend by some sign guys , prolly wouldn't go over so well in todays world.

The plant at the coast is still going, and that is why I really can't understand this hoarding of butt wipe here in BC..................  AND it's not like we have a shortage of trees in this Province..........  I clearly don't get it....:rofl:

• Like 4

This is getting nuttier and nuttier........... Cathy just took her mom in to buy a few groceries the old girl needed.......... so no butt wipe, no snot rags, no Paper towels, no hand cleaner, NO flour, and at our biggest food store, NO meat........................ really?? Our Provincial authorities are trying to tell these nit wits, that our supply chain is GOOD, no supply issues, be mindful of others, if you hoard items, others that actually NEED them can't......  I really can't imagine, well maybe I can, that if something REALLY big happens what will be going on......  well, I personally find this so bizarre, and silly , as Cathy and I have , for years always have had enough 'stuff' in our house to last at least a month, and more, just a natural thing in our house, not a dooms dayer, but just practical..... that's why God made freezers....... crazyness..... interesting to watch it play out, and just see how unprepared some folks are.......  huh...

• Like 2

Some info for Gaz and any other Briswegians looking in...

IMG_20200315_081924.thumb.jpg.f5a9fbfcdb8554f9f05b3dd2f6bb2db4.jpg

My tip is that the PX May IPMS show in Albany Creek will cancel. At only 8 weeks away it's too close to this current ban of hosting crowds over 500 people for it to proceed. With the Melbourne Expo in mid-June now also cancelled, it's probably a wait-and-see for our big show in August. It's five months into the future, on the other side of our Winter, and at this point we don't know where the Country will be on the Covid 19 infection bell curve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Were the best.  I'm still getting my goods from Sprue Brothers so alls well for now.  I just hate stupid people so very much.  They cant realize they are causing the shortage, not the other way round.   I'm just praying to get through all this with my job still.  I fly for a company whose main clientele is collegiate teams, so no bueno right now.  Popped a nice big bottle of whiskey and put on my favorite singer to disappear in the music for awhile. 

• Like 3

We just had a bizarre interview here on the ABC public TV channel...

You might have heard, the Australian Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton is in Hospital with Covid 19 (all Queenslanders confirmed as having the Virus must serve their 14 day quarantine in Hospital). On March 7th he was in Washington DC, and subsequently returned to Au. Then on Tuesday 10th March he was present at a Government Cabinet meeting held in Sydney. 

After Dutton was confirmed with Covid 19, images appeared showing the Sydney Cabinet offices being fumigated, and of the Aircraft he had travelled on being cleaned. Implications were made during this ABC interview that Dutton was the reason. One of the Journalist even refused to shake the hand of another Minister who was being interviewed and was at the meeting.

Dutton has been confirmed by the Queensland Health department that he contracted the Virus on Wednesday the 11th here in Australia. After the Sydney meeting. After being in the USA.

IMG_20200315_104201.thumb.jpg.c28b60cef7af645685940e6898e8e1ca.jpg

A little research by the Journalists involved would have highlighted this. The guy who refused to shake hands is probably more likely to contract the Virus from the Makeup Lady breathing on him for 15 minutes.

Just wash your hands people. Hand sanitiser kills Viruses; if only it cured stupid as well.

• Like 2

Well looks like maybe extended spring break for me. Will see if we will still be making food for the masses, but would really like to just go all out here for a few weeks, hunker down, and kick this bugs ass. Just ordered a bunch of glue, some epoxy for the AC-47, and paint to cover a couple projects. Rock and roll. Yay though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death.....

• Like 2

• Administrators

Just be safe, y'all. We'll get through this. 

Change a few habits today, and  in 6-8 weeks, this should work it's way through.   

If people aren't travelling, their automobiles aren't needing repairs.  

It's gonna be a short but deep hurt.

Time to chill out and build a model.

• Like 2

We're under the south flow arrival route into DFW and it's crazy how quiet its become.   I've gotta fly a day trip today so I'm very interested to see quiet it is on frequency.  They've said this has been a quicker, harder hit to aviation than 9/11 was.  

• Like 3

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, TJTX said:

We're under the south flow arrival route into DFW and it's crazy how quiet its become.   I've gotta fly a day trip today so I'm very interested to see quiet it is on frequency.  They've said this has been a quicker, harder hit to aviation than 9/11 was.  

Well, hopefully in a few weeks this will blow over. 9/11 shutdown lasted a week or so. This'll be a bit longer, but domestic traffic is still moving, even if at a reduced rate.  The trickle down will be short but extreme.

We're tightening opur belts here, but my #1 is the health of my employees. If I lose a couple to illness we're all in trouble. So I'm thinking of letting my older guys go home with pay to ride it out. We'll see.

• Like 3