The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

How Many Model Shows Will be Cancelled this Year?

GazzaS

Just landed.  It is creepily quiet up in the air right now.  Flying through corridors that should have tons of radio chatter and just absolute silence.   I guess they're shutting everything down un Dallas for 2 weeks.   Restaurants, bars, gyms, etc....

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TJTX said:

Just landed.  It is creepily quiet up in the air right now.  Flying through corridors that should have tons of radio chatter and just absolute silence.   I guess they're shutting everything down un Dallas for 2 weeks.   Restaurants, bars, gyms, etc....

It's crazy for sure, all of it. Half measures won't get us far though so if we are gonna do it...let's do it!! My glue and paint are in the mail!!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, smitty44 said:

It's crazy for sure, all of it. Half measures won't get us far though so if we are gonna do it...let's do it!! My glue and paint are in the mail!!

Until they shut the mail down, too.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Wumm said:

Aussie humour...

A bloke at work says yesterday,

"I remember when people in the Lift would cough to cover up a fart... Now it's the other way 'round"!

I could cover up a LOT of coughs....

• Like 3

Well, I’m sick with the decision I had to make today ...

Since the French government enforced strict quarantine and confinement yesterday, a lot of my customers have shut down their factories. I decided to shut mine down, but it is frankly not clear whether this was necessary. The French politicians keep the verbatim vague enough so that you can interpret it both ways. I guess it’s a way not to be accountable in the future :( ...

In the meantime, 8 employees and a shareholder in major economic uncertainty :wallbash:

Hubert

• Like 4

My commiserations Hubert...

All jokes aside, I fear this will drag on for months. There are an increasing number of cases being detected amongst people who are otherwise well and not showing any symptoms. There is a high probability that an individual can serve a 14 to 28 period of self-isolation, and still become infected in a month's time by someone who is asymptomatic. We could be self-isolating for months under these conditions.

I am increasingly of the opinion that we should all just push through and continue with life as normal. The majority of confirmed cases seem to have a mild illness or none at all. By all means, quarantine the Elderly and Infirm, and allocate resources to their care and wellbeing, and reserve the ICU beds and facilities for those who are actually in need of them.

S

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wumm, I like your thinking. What scares me is I am one of the ones it would affect. I COPD and a few other minor probs, but I am already compromised. I feel relatively safe in our small community as most around here are retired. Bev and I both volunteer at the VFW of which we are life members, and it is closed till April 19 and maybe longer. There are shortages here as well and it's getting crazier as the days go by....harv

• Like 4

I understand your predicament Harv...

My Mum is in the same boat. She's 83, a Cancer survivor with type 2 Diabetes, but still the Secretary for a local Senior Citizens group in the regional town she lives in. Every Friday, they organise a lunch for other Seniors who aren't mobile much anymore or seldom get out of the house. Every week they get 150 - 200 people in, and along with the social interaction they know that they'll at least get one good meal for some who are on the Pension and money is tight. 

They use a Council Hall, and they've just been advised that the facilities are going to be shut down indefinitely. For some, Meals on Wheels will take up some of the slack, but others may be forced to go out into the Community at a point in time where they should be isolating themselves. It's much easier for an organisation to manage health protocols at the front door, than having to interact with randoms who should be in isolation but "just popped down to the shops 'coz I ran out of milk".

Likewise, when they start to shut the schools, for many people who work the only avenue to have school age children looked after is to have the Grandparents sit with them. It's coming into Winter here soon, and everyone from the violently ill right down to someone with the sniffles is going to be at the Doctor thinking they've got Covid-19 and wanting to be tested. At least for us in the Southern Hemisphere, I say get it out of the way now while we can.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here on the Canary Island there is no more such thing as public live. Like in whole Spain, we are in an alert status, that means you are only allowed to leave your house to get supplies (no models ;)), or visit a doctor or a few other important things. This is enforced since Sunday for the duration of 15 days, but that may will be prolonged. There are police controls on the roads and breaking the rules of the alert status will be punished hard.
Thanks god we have a big garden and a dog, because we are allowed to walk the dog, but only alone and you are not supposed to meet somebody else, while walking him. In the moment my wife and I are comfortable, but friends with businesses here are not anymore, because everything is shut down.
The good thing is and that is back to the subject, we won't miss any shows here, because there aren't any, even in better times :D.
I nearly forgot to mention, that until today we have no Corona cases on our island.

Cheers Rob    

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It looks like the border between Canada and the US is going to be closed to non essential travel in the next day or so. 

My cousin last night decided to postpone her wedding which was supposed to be in 2 weeks. She has family in the Netherlands and my sister and her family live in Wisconsin so they wouldn't have been able to make it either. 

Meantime, I'm hoping I can get my dad to stop working. He's considered high risk due to his health, works as an interpreter at the largest airport in Canada and someone on his staff tested positive for COVID 19. He can't be that scared of spending time with my mom could he?

• Like 5

On 3/13/2020 at 8:39 AM, HubertB said:

I went to the garden for a check of alternatives ... banana tree : sounds  promising... but I have none :( ; pine tree : not sure, but still a lot surer that cactus :wacko: ... I confirm I’m in deep s#%t !

Hubert

img_why_does_my_dog_drag_his_bum_on_the_ground_1454_600_square.jpg

• Like 4