The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

How Many Model Shows Will be Cancelled this Year?

GazzaS

Just saw all travel to the US from Europe will be suspended for a month.   That's gonna be a huge hit for airlines and numerous other companies.   As long as the NCAA basketball games are still played even without crowds my company should be ok hopefully. 

I'm thinking my models will just have to be shown here as it may not see a contest table this year. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

I too did what Hubert did and read the report at the WHO. It is always a good idea to go to the source. Ignore politicians, read the scientific reports.

This is pertinent, but unfortunately Scientists don't make public policy. 

I'm not entirely sure the scientists are at consensus yet either. Depending on the source; the Covid 19 is either transmissible by instantaneous contact, or from continuous close contact for 15 minutes or 2 hours in a confined space. This understandably leads to confusion, compounded by Media hype.

27 cases now in Queensland, with 3,000 in self isolation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wumm said:

This is pertinent, but unfortunately Scientists don't make public policy. 

I'm not entirely sure the scientists are at consensus yet either. Depending on the source; the Covid 19 is either transmissible by instantaneous contact, or from continuous close contact for 15 minutes or 2 hours in a confined space. This understandably leads to confusion, compounded by Media hype.

27 cases now in Queensland, with 3,000 in self isolation.

Indeed. I only suggest checking those people actively involved in the study of these symptoms and possible cure.

Also, this is Australia. There is no total world public policy. At least not yet. :D

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

Also, this is Australia. There is no total world public policy. At least not yet. :D

The Australian Government declared a pandemic on the 27th of February, a fortnight before the WHO. Might I add, to much sabre rattling by the Chinese authorities, who complained long and hard about Students being denied access to Australian Universities.

https://7news-com-au.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/7news.com.au/travel/coronavirus/coronavirus-pandemic-inevitable-says-scott-morrison-c-719483.amp?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=15840383121733&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2F7news.com.au%2Ftravel%2Fcoronavirus%2Fcoronavirus-pandemic-inevitable-says-scott-morrison-c-719483

This is now largely a moot point, as the Universities are themselves starting to close here.

The Company I work for finally implemented a Covid 19 plan yesterday. I first raised the question a week ago when I started showing symptoms, to be told "We're waiting for the Sydney branch to make a decision." I self-isolated until cleared; but once again, how many aren't going to because of the consequences of having no income?

• Like 2

• Administrators

This is just getting stupid.

I went in March and bought an entire trailer load, so I'm good to go. (pun intended)  :rofl:

Because everyone here knows I'm full of the dark brown smelly stuff, so I need plenty.  Plus, me arse is a bit wider than average, so, well, y'all know.

Seriously, there was still plenty at my local Brookshires.

• Like 4

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

The Ontario provincial government just announced they're closing all public schools for 2 weeks on top of the regular March break week off. So my boys will be out of school for 3 weeks  as of tomorrow.

Lots of bench time!!!

Yep, things are moving quickly here as well. Texas hasn't done anything here as of yet, but nationally, incoming flights from mainland Europe have been suspended for March.  People will now need to connect through Britain. Something to do with health screening?  That's going to be a huge pain in the posterior for business travellers, but hopefully health screening at just a few airports will help identify if someone is infected.  

So we have Gatwick, Heathrow, Manchester, Newcastle, Birmingham, Glasgow, and Edinburgh. Did I miss any?

Things are going to get pear shaped for a few weeks.

• Like 2

Longer than a few weeks. The incubation period is considered to be two weeks, but may be three or even more in some cases. 

A member of the McLaren Formula 1 team has now tested positive in Melbourne. According to the guidelines the whole team may be quarantined here in Australia for two weeks. If they do back-tracing and find he/she has been in contact with members from other teams, the same may apply to them. 

I feel the problems are all about to compound very quickly now. 

• Like 2

Might keep a few of our smaller airports from going under! We've lost one of the biggest regional carrier airlines in Europe already which put my brother out of a job. That and other cancellations are having knock ons with ground crew being laid off etc, so a few extra bums on seats transiting to the US may help.

• Like 2

So flights from Continental Europe to the US are suspended because « Europe is the new China » when it comes to Covid-19, but not flights from the UK, whose Prime Minister reckoned today that the number of infected people is likely between 5000 and 10000 ... 

So I guess a Brexit-Covid-19 is less infectious or lethal than an EU-Covid-19. I love it when true science is driving Public Health decisions :poo: :rofl:

Hubert

• Like 4

• Administrators

i have no clue, Hubert. I assumed it was because of airport facilities and US Customs inspections areas.  Maybe it's all political, but I sure hope that isn't the case.

We all need to work together on this one. 

• Like 2

Just talked to Bev. She was talking to her friend that lives here. All the stores around HERE are out of tp and papertowls. And sanitizers.  I wouldn't have thought it would be this way here. Heard there is one confirmed case in a neighboring county. That's it......

• Like 2

IMG_20200313_085827.thumb.jpg.b1bc1c7388a0e726fbeb6a989cff1dc9.jpg

Yes. But McLaren weren't. 

The Victorian Premier says there won't be any spectators allowed if it does go ahead. FIA sources are telling News agencies that the race is going to be cancelled. Meanwhile, fans are lining up at the gates as I write this. A guy from my work has arranged his Honeymoon around the GP... Wonder what he'll be doing today?

Hmmm...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

I went t the local supermarket to buy a few groceries, and just for kicks I walked down the hand towel and toilet paper aisle. 

Absolutely none left.  The truck comes every three days and the shelves were full this morning. According to the manager, within an hour of them opening today, they were sold out.  About 10 people came in and bought out the entire store. 

Not cool.  They need to put limits on amounts. I’m all set, but others maybe not. 

• Like 2