Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Not letting the blues in

harv

When I read the title of this thread, I immediately thought............  WHISKEY !!!!!!!!!!!  :rofl:

Harv.......... are you happy with your Artystation stuff ?? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a set, the Symphony set...............  what are your thoughts?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I vote both whiskey AND bench time. Though in my case, maybe not at the same time, since I would probably cut myself or something. Since I'm stuck at home for 2 weeks now that I have the "bug", I may actually have to break out out a model or two for the first time since May.

Speaking of whiskey, my favorite budget bourbon right now is Elijah Craig, with Buffalo Trace my second choice. Yes, I'm a Kentucky Bourbon guy.

Tim

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I've found much comfort at the bench recently as well.  With worries at work, home, and everywhere in between its amazing the solace you can find in a bit of plastic.  I'm certainly an OCD control type and having very little control in most things right now, I find it nice having something that is fully a result of my own actions and decisions.  Even just being in my office and enjoying my completed builds has been very therapeutic lately. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Lucky!  I haven’t had time to sit down at the bench since May or June.  Been dealing with Moms death/estate and liquidating all her crap. Most a bunch of QVC/HSN trinkets and appliances.  I also started back on getting my ‘66 Mustang GT rear suspension set up correctly with a new gear set. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

10 hours ago, harv said:

I've spent more time at the bench in the last few days, than I have in months.....harv

And this is a bad thing?

If you're feeling blue, you could always cross the border and do something unforgettable (or is that unforgivable?)

IMG_20210110_141312.thumb.jpg.bdb1c10d0e3daaccc593432d0e9cbf10.jpg

*Disclaimer: Never drive your 3PH thru KCMO while DWI.

S

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Truthfully, my last modeling effort wasn't that rewarding. Thankfully, I still have reading.

For me, reading is among the most rewarding of my pastimes. My kindle Oasis is the best gift I have ever been given.  The past year was difficult to

survive. Reading helped.

Haven't heard Ghost riders in the sky in years.  Nelson & Cash---good stuff!

pull me through.

• Like 3