Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

KH P-39 Airacobra

Hi John

I just never noticed I typed the title incorrectly ... and glad you pointed it out. Right now, my personal opinion is the same as yours ... a disappointment but I'm plowing ahead and see what I can do.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Thanks Kai

It's been a long journey and this week, I have my Petscan to see where the cancer is and what the next course of treatment will be.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

I fervently hope you will get good news Peter!!!:)

• Like 4

Thanks Martin, I've been thinking just that. Pretty poor that KH completely left it out and only included the solid armor panel with the headrest. Just seems to be the way the kit goes.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 3

The interior looks great,Peter!  I'm very glad that modelling has helped improve your manual dexterity.

...I'll tell you a story:  We had to go to a family birthday party.  They had some drinking games and one was like this:

Buzz-wire-men-drinking-game.jpg?v=160188

The idea is to move the hook around the guy without hitting him and setting off a buzzer.  While sober, everyone tried it and none of them made it half way around without setting it off.  I consider myself shaky, so had no expectation of beating anyone.  But...  because of this modelling thing...  I did it first time around without setting off the buzzer.  Nobody wanted to play it after that.  My wife said: "See, your modelling is useful for something after all."

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

I did not realise that this kit was so bad, I have built the SH P-39 and found it to be a bit fiddley in places but not a bad build.

So when the KH P-39 came out I thought why not, I could build a soviet operated P-39, so when I saw one at a good price I bought one.

So in light of the negative comments on this kit I will follow this build and use this as a training guide to the KH kit.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, GazzaS said:

The idea is to move the hook around the guy without hitting him and setting off a buzzer.  While sober, everyone tried it and none of them made it half way around without setting it off.  I consider myself shaky, so had no expectation of beating anyone.  But...  because of this modelling thing...  I did it first time around without setting off the buzzer.  Nobody wanted to play it after that.  My wife said: "See, your modelling is useful for something after all."

Sorry Gaz, you didn't understand the game. It's all about getting an excuse for drinking, ...ups, I hit that guy again, cheers,... :wine:

Cheers Rob

• Haha 9

12 hours ago, Spitfire said:

I did not realise that this kit was so bad, I have built the SH P-39 and found it to be a bit fiddley in places but not a bad build.

So when the KH P-39 came out I thought why not, I could build a soviet operated P-39, so when I saw one at a good price I bought one.

So in light of the negative comments on this kit I will follow this build and use this as a training guide to the KH kit.

Cheers

Dennis

Although not the first one released by KH, the P-39 was actually the first one they designed. KH are notable for their somewhat approximative fit but their kits have improved release after release, with the latest ones fiddly but not bad in terms of fit.

This to say that the P-39 is actually a ... let’s put it mildly ... challenge ?

Hubert

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Guys,

Thanks so much for your well wishes, prayers and pulling for me .... Petscan and blood work was done on Tuesday and today the consultation with my wife Diane and myself: couldn't ask for better results and blood work. I'm so happy to report I'm in full remission and wearing a huge smile. :):D:)

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Dennis

Seems to just be a tough kit due to how it was engineered, poor instructions and molded in general. If KH would have put more effort into quality, the build issues would never  have been included in the box.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Guys,

Thanks so much for your well wishes, prayers and pulling for me .... Petscan and blood work was done on Tuesday and today the consultation with my wife Diane and myself: couldn't ask for better results and blood work. I'm so happy to report I'm in full remission and wearing a huge smile. :):D:)

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Freakin’ brilliant news Peter………….:2guns:……..wow you must feeling like a man with two dangles………..awesome……….more builds please……….:D:D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good news Peter,

You can't get any better news than a full remission statement , so now it's full speed forward and try to leave this behind you, must be motivating to get your models done, looking forward to your builds :thumbsup2:,

Cheers,

Frank

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1