Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Hows your weather ?

harv

Harv

Here on the Island we are being hit hard by the storm. Lots of coastal flooding, high winds and a ton of rain. By 2 PM the temps are going to be in the teens and by tonight single digits and then throw in the wind chill - not my type of weather anymore. Supposed to last right through the weekend.

Harv, rule one for us old folks - stay indoors and be safe.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

We are a bit luckier, if you don't insist on a white Christmas, it's about 20 degrees Celsius and sunny and no wind at all since a week. Even the ocean is calm, but there will be rain on sunday.
Keep yourself warm with a hot toddy and with your wives and family.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It was 27 when I woke up, then the temperature dropped to 19 in about four hours and the windchill is 1.  The wind is something!  Ironically, it is very sunny outside.  Gee, I wonder what to do now that its best to stay inside?  Hmm.. I wonder if the boss will grant us an 'early release' to get started on the "Let's get Wet' group build?  ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20f right now, dropping down to 14f by 7am.  
My main water line is exposed for about 1 foot between my HVAC unit and the concrete wall where it enters the house.  I put a heating pad in a trash bag and set it on low and put it over the water line with a couple of bricks holding it in place. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Winnie said:

-23C in Winnipeg… managed a visit to the hobby shop, but dressing up like the kid in the Christmas story, just so the dog can have a sh!t and a piss….

but who’s complaining 

Only -9° C here in Toronto. Sue copped out and threw the dog out in the backyard. He's from Northern Manitoba so had a ball playing and wouldn't come back in. 

Meanwhile, my folks' flight landed on time at Pearson at 830pm but they didn't get out of the airport until 1230. My mom said it's total chaos inside. 

Carl

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

64 today and the same tomorrow.  I went outside and did some yard work and cut down a few scrub trees on my shoreline. Might step away from the bench tomorrow and get a little more done with our short break in the weather.

Going to be raining all day Saturday and traveling anyway. 

• Like 1