The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Revell Spitfire Mk II completed

I decided to finish this one as a Battle of Britain Mk I instead of a Mk II by deleting the little bulge on the lower right cowling. I replaced the kit ailerons with some from Barracudacast. The kit items depict metal ailerons when the real a/c had fabric ailerons. I also replaced the spinner with one from a old Hasegawa Mk V as the kit spinner is way to "pointy". In addition I replaced the kit cockpit door with a Tamiya door because the kit door was way to "thick" and did not look "right". I used a Quinta detailing set on the cockpit. Xtracolor, Testor's MM and Colourcoats were the paints used. I hope you like it! :)

2-2-23 001.jpg

2-2-23 002.jpg

2-2-23 003.jpg

2-2-23 004.jpg

2-2-23 B 001.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DocRob said:

Very nice John. Like Phil wrote in the construction log, I just missed it. You build faster, than I'm able to read :D. The yellow rectangle is like a magnet to the eye, somehow.

Cheers Rob

Thanks Rob. I agree, that yellow "gas patch" is a eye-catcher. :)

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, PanzerWomble said:

Nice one John . The paint job is great , can I ask if  you masked or used decals for the black walkways ?

Thanks. I used thin black stripe decals I got from MicroScale a while back. They have several sizes.

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

That's a great job, John.  Really nailed it.

On another tack...   That interior color also would work well for RLM 02...   Just in case you ever wanted to build a BoB 109.

LOL Gaz. Not outside the realm of possibilities! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

John, you brought out the best in an almost, but not quite great kit.   It looks stunning, and I just love a short nose Spitty.  Sex on the wing. 

Thanks Ernie! The kit does leave some things to be desired but it is what it is. Not a BAD kit but it could be better. :)

5 hours ago, HubertB said:

It’s official. With age, my brain has slowed down, and I find myself unable to follow John’s rhythm of production without my head spinning wildly …

Still, great job on the Spit, John 👍!

Hubert

Thank you Hubert. :)