The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

An interesting night here last night…

Clunkmeister

• Administrators

461EC800-C2A5-4355-8610-27D85E4B1CC2.jpegA line of severe thunderstorms rolled through. Joy and I made it through OK, but someone’s roof sailed across my yard and out the far side, ending up in a field about a quarter mile away.

The big damage was about 30 miles away when multiple buildings were flattened.  Us? We didn’t even lose our power, so the diesel backup remained quiet. 
I took the pic of it rolling in as I was leaving the gym and getting in my truck..

It hailed for about 10 minutes, and was absolutely surreal.

F5B0ED09-A960-4F81-80ED-C197C4F93ABF.jpeg

22DA00EC-9BDC-4B04-AE1C-E7D18AE22D38.jpeg

74F91FD5-BF0E-458F-B44E-F188B275BBD9.jpeg

54B65A51-C2AB-4998-899A-79EEC3EEAFD1.jpeg

461EC800-C2A5-4355-8610-27D85E4B1CC2.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Sad 5

I saw some of the news reports last night some good winds and hail coming out of it.My ole Ford's an 89 white needs paint 302,5spd and 370posi out back has 140K original work horse.Stay safe out there it's always bigger in TX.;)

• Like 5

I think the very bottom tip of that same front is about to make things spicy here in a couple of hours.  Looks like we won’t be getting much, but with all the pollen smog we’ve had the past 4-5 days, we need the rain.  

I like those wheels on your truck.  I need a set like that for my ‘90 F-250.   I have the old hubcaps and steel wheels.   Hubcaps are all broken and wheels look like crap and need painting.  

• Like 3

Ernie

Mother Nature at her worst. So glad you and Joy and the family are OK. The news had a lot of coverage on the storm and the damage was horrible. We're getting ready for our share of the storm - high, gusty winds and a lot of beach erosion. Here on Long Island, the south shore always takes a beating from high winds, rain and high tide. And yes, the high tides are expected at the peak of the storm. I just hate this type of weather.  

Everyone in the path of the storm, be safe and stay home.

• Like 4

• Administrators
2 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

I think the very bottom tip of that same front is about to make things spicy here in a couple of hours.  Looks like we won’t be getting much, but with all the pollen smog we’ve had the past 4-5 days, we need the rain.  

I like those wheels on your truck.  I need a set like that for my ‘90 F-250.   I have the old hubcaps and steel wheels.   Hubcaps are all broken and wheels look like crap and need painting.  

Mine’s a 97F-250HD with the 7.3L IHC diesel.  I bought it new because I love the twin I-beams for how I beat it up on the ranch. 
It’s 100% factory but for the Texas Tint and a TS Performance 6 position chip.  Straight 4” exhaust but for a small resonator to save my hearing. 
It’s an absolute BEAST. I often haul 38,000 lbs with it around the ranch. Not on the roads of course due to lack of brakes to be safe. But it’ll get under that load and run it around like it’s a can of air.  That turbo is sure singing, though. 🤣

• Like 5

I know what you mean about the brakes. First “heavy” load I ever hauled was a yard of soil. I was shocked at the lack of responsiveness and gave myself a lot of stopping distance and watched my speed carefully approaching intersections.  My rear anti locks don’t work and I think it’s due to the old trailer brake system installed by the original owner.  
Came in handy last week when I almost missed my turn, stomped the brakes and the back end swung out so I could pull straight into the auto parts store.  🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

We ended up with thunder snow and I got to watch lightning and thunder as the snow came down. Definitely an interesting phenomenon. There's about 15cm of snow so only about half the worst case estimate they gave in the forecast. Time to dig out. 

• Like 4

All we got was about a 3 to 5 min down pour of rain. Very little wind, no thunder or lightning.  But thankfully enough to kill off the pollen smog for today.  Came around a corner yesterday and it was a heavy yellow fog bank.  Funny thing is, I was heading to my oral surgeon for a follow up as well. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

This side of the pond we luckily do not suffer extreme weather,  we panic if there is 1mm of snow……..I know don’t say it………

Ok, I won't SAY it....

pansy-flowers-diana-wind.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

On 3/6/2023 at 1:49 PM, Bomber_County said:

This side of the pond we luckily do not suffer extreme weather,  we panic if there is 1mm of snow……..I know don’t say it………

Speak for yaself, ya southern softies! 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Just found this thread...   glad everyone weathered the storm.  Dog days of summer here.  Temps 80-90's often with humidity.  When I lived in Michigan, 80 was hot.  Now, it's nice.  While 70 is too cool to relax in.

To raise the climate change argument...   the last two summers have been much cooler than my previous 19 in Australia.  I don't think I've seen temps this year to compare with the hottest days in Europe and the US this  year.

• Like 5