The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

9 hours ago, Wumm said:

A dual figure set from Alpine, and another from Panzer Art to compliment the Anorak fellow from last month

I wish you luck and a steady hand with the Erbsentarn on the anoraks ;).

Cheers Rob

• Like 6

3 hours ago, DocRob said:

I wish you luck and a steady hand with the Erbsentarn on the anoraks ;).

Cheers Rob

Thanks Doc, 

I was thinking of a Splittertarn 31 pattern first for the anorak figures. Depending on how that goes, I may dabble in some of the more adventurous summer/ autumn patterns for the Schützen.

As usual, I will show my work, so keep watch!

• Like 5

Guest DannyVM

This week, delivered at my doorstep.

HGU-55/P + MBU-20/P..........Belonged to a German pilot who had his training at Sheppard AFB, Texas with the 80th TTW.

The 80th FTW is home of the Euro-NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training (ENJJPT) Program. ENJJPT, established in the spirit of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), is the world's only multi-nationally manned and managed flying training program chartered to produce combat pilots for NATO.

BHCcSXel.jpg

lpKBMstl.jpg

aWfPKMXl.jpg

ebqgii1l.jpg

Regards

Danny

Had a quiet day at work so I popped by my LHS. Brought in my Revell GR1 Tonka to exchange as it was a kit I don't think I'd ever build. Got a full credit for it so I walked around to see what was in I could spend it on. I found a kit I've been trying to find to find for the last couple of years. 

IMG_20191023_145547.thumb.jpg.9308b9e87cc412e6ccaceda9f2f1cc62.jpg

Worked out to barely more than the retail price in Japan so can't complain at all.  Now I can finally do a Sherman 1C!!!

Got home and there was a package waiting fr Hannant's. 

IMG_20191023_145708.thumb.jpg.fffcf29d20f1ec94465d1a66d27cebaf.jpg

These will be for the HB B-24J. Going to do a shark mouth RCAF Lib. Plus some other bits for kits in the stash.

IMG_20191023_145615.thumb.jpg.61b6e9c270caa41c15d13fd236beb72b.jpg 

• Like 6

So this will be my first post on this thread... as I have purchased stuff in the past and not thought it was really worth talking about, model stuff that probably isn't all that interesting............................... BUT.......................... today was a bit different...............there is a little bit of a back story here and I will try to make it short..... Cathy and I were on a 'camping' trip through Alberta about 12 years ago or so....maybe longer..... you know how memory serves, but , I digress... anyway, we went into a MacDonald's restaurant in Innisfail Alberta, and on the wall was the most awesome art print I have seen as it was a very close subject to me, personally. It was a print of some RCAF Transport aircraft from the squadron my dad was a founding member when it was formed in India in 1944.... 435 "Chinthe"..... the print was really cool, and I found out later that it was a print of a cover for a book about  the squadron...... I HAD to try and find a copy for my collection.... I searched and searched, so much so I even contacted the Commanding Officer at the time from 435 squadron in Winnipeg Manitoba, to no avail................... the search continued , and continued, and continued...... I tried searching for the artist or author of the book..... and lo and behold about a year ago I found the author, he was a member of the squadron and wroth the book, now LONG out of print..... when I contacted him he was still flying with Air Canada, so contact was rather hit and miss, mostly miss........ he said he 'might' have a copy of the cover of the book and if he could dig it up he would send it to me...... I was so excited................................. then nothing for over a year....... not disappointed, but understanding that the man is busy, and may certainly have forgotten......................................... totally understandable................................... so TODAY, i go to the mail box and there is a package for me................... I open it and there it is....... a brand new perfect copy of the book 3 extra book covers with the print I can frame, and a card saying for me to enjoy the book.............................. there are some GENUINELY considerate and most GENEROUS people still living in this turbulent world................. my day has been truly made !!

IMG_20191024_1204088.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Ok ... so this stuff arrived a couple of weeks ago ... 

Unfortunately at about the same time ... or maybe a few days earlier ... I had a couple of software updates ...

They usually go off without a hitch ... but this time with the Catalina update and the iOS 13 one - something went wrong with photo sync.

Good thing about the internet is ... you just type the issue into Google and find out that everyone else has the same problem ...

There's still an issue with the new "Music" app ... it switches off the equaliser/pre-amp after every track ... but at least I can download the photos off my phone now!

A LARGE box arrived from Frontline with some goodies for RAAF builds:

Ib5oNA7.jpg

With large kit boxes inside ...

RNi67ta.jpg

An EA.18G ...

P6wu0I3.jpg

A couple of F/A.18A's

RPw60rW.jpg

With Australian Markings included ...

cbuLmX8.jpg

The pilot is damned Collingwood supporter!!!

vrrMytN.jpg

And an F.35 model ... of which we're getting the real deal here someday.

EwqoKWh.jpg

And meanwhile this came from Metro's ...

PSLMuMR.jpg

cleverly disguised with the wrong box art for the ad ...

RDqH6Gi.jpg

That makes Just 2 SWS kits short of the entire 1/32 collection now ... The Navy Spad ... and the Do.335A-12

Rog :)

• Like 6

Definitely not model related but it seems that I got my first heart attack yesterday. It happened when I was dropping my boys off at school. Some other parents noticed I went from looking a bit pale to very very pale and combined with the dizziness I was experiencing felt it best I call an ambulance. Sure enough, it was a mild heart attack so over been in the hospital since then. I'm just waiting for an angiogram at the moment to find out what went wrong. 

So I'll most likely be away from the bench for a bit but I'll be around here watching what you guys are doing.

Carl

• Like 7

Wow Carl, that's bad news. Good that you got support and get checked soon. I wish you the very best for you and your family. 
I will not like your message, because what is to like about it and the 5 k-likes were already history ;).

Stay strong Hombre

Cheers Rob

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Definitely not model related but it seems that I got my first heart attack yesterday. It happened when I was dropping my boys off at school. Some other parents noticed I went from looking a bit pale to very very pale and combined with the dizziness I was experiencing felt it best I call an ambulance. Sure enough, it was a mild heart attack so over been in the hospital since then. I'm just waiting for an angiogram at the moment to find out what went wrong. 

So I'll most likely be away from the bench for a bit but I'll be around here watching what you guys are doing.

Carl

Geez, Carl....................  glad all is well, and you are in probably the BEST place in the world for treatments...... I had one of those about 14 years ago, had to go through all the BS with stress tests etc, but have been taking my meds as prescribed, rarely miss, I know it when I do though.. LOL, but have not looked back, also keep in mind that the treatments and meds and all the tech is getting better and better every day, I think you are in good hands, and remember RED WINE is good for your heart so Red Wine is ( in my book ) classed as 'medicine'....... good luck, I know you will do just fine................ please keep us posted............... I KNOW what you are going through... all will be well.... cheers buddy

Jeff

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good grief Carl ! I have been through it twice in my life. If just stints are needed not really a big deal as l. As far as open he as rt, well a little more involved. But still not as scams you would think. Need anyifo, text me.we are all here for you my friend !.....harv

• Thanks 1