Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

48 minutes ago, mark31 said:

nice clean cutting mat but for how long .

Mark

That’s WHEN Gary will have spilled a bottle of Tamiya Extra-Thin and a pot of enamel, plus let a drop of hot solder fall on the mat, that he will really be able to claim he has joined the rest of the modelling world 😁!

Just my :2c:

Hubert

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I just bought two Paasche 1/2 ounce bottles for their VL airbrush. I don't

own a VL brush, instead, I use them on my Iwata Eclipse HP-BCS airbrushes.

I never had the 1/2 ounce bottles before. I've always used the 1 ounce. They fit perfectly on the Iwata and I prefer them to the Iwata bottles.

DSCN0121.JPG

DSCN0124.JPG

• Like 6

On 9/13/2021 at 4:42 PM, HubertB said:

That’s WHEN Gary will have spilled a bottle of Tamiya Extra-Thin and a pot of enamel, plus let a drop of hot solder fall on the mat, that he will really be able to claim he has joined the rest of the modelling world 😁!

Just my :2c:

Hubert

Sorry Hubert...  I missed your comment.  I've been pretty lucky with the extra thin so far...   don't jinx me.   And...  my dearly beloved would never let me solder in the house.

• Like 4

Had a credit with Lucky Model for the longest time so I finally used it and picked up a couple of them new fangled 3D decal sets. I also got a set of M134 miniguns for my HH-60 kit.

PXL_20210916_235507002.thumb.jpg.2efbf0696c5f356b8aa4abac704cd9b4.jpg

The Hataka paints arrived but I got dinged for taxes and processing fees so that added another $30 to their cost. 

PXL_20210916_235517905.thumb.jpg.c13ba49f9734c0c818efedbc559f0950.jpg

• Like 7

On 9/15/2021 at 10:03 PM, Peterpools said:

Mark

Nice going and looks very interesting

Keep 'em comin

Peter

22 hours ago, harv said:

Hope you post pics. Very interesting....harv

I will keep you posted about this project.

At this moment still getting more info.

The plan will be to use the paper model like a template and work with plasticcard and adding more detail

Mark

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, mark31 said:

I will keep you posted about this project.

At this moment still getting more info.

The plan will be to use the paper model like a template and work with plasticcard and adding more detail

Mark

Mark

Great idea and looking forward to the build down the road.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 3

8 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Had a credit with Lucky Model for the longest time so I finally used it and picked up a couple of them new fangled 3D decal sets. I also got a set of M134 miniguns for my HH-60 kit.

PXL_20210916_235507002.thumb.jpg.2efbf0696c5f356b8aa4abac704cd9b4.jpg

The Hataka paints arrived but I got dinged for taxes and processing fees so that added another $30 to their cost. 

PXL_20210916_235517905.thumb.jpg.c13ba49f9734c0c818efedbc559f0950.jpg

Carl

Nice additions for sure. WOW, $30 extra in taxes on top of the original purchase price for the paints. I'm a bit unsure how the taxes work in Canada... I'm assuming you pay shipping and taxes at purchase and then an additional tax when delivered or is it just one tax? In any case glad you have he paint set and now all that's missing, is the Viggen. I'm #10850, so I'm still months away from my kit shipping.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Peter, in Canada the de minimus amount for tax free shipments is $80 CAD.  The order was just over that amount. The tax itself was less than $10 but DHL charged a processing/brokerage fee of $19 to collect it. FedEx charges $10 as does Canada Post when they actually bother to check for duties. Not unreasonable but one more cost to add. I'm glad I got the extra paints to spread it out over. Makes its less painful. 

At least it wasn't UPS who charge $100 for brokerage fees.  I don't even bother with companies that only ship UPS for that reason. 

Carl

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Carl

Thanks for the explanation but all those fees just add to the cost, no matter what is purchased outside of Canada. UPS charges are outrages and I can't see how they allowed to continue to charge those handling fees. Just makes us here in the states appreciative of only paying state sales tax and shipping. I rarely purchase outside the states these days as shipping is ridiculous and most vendors will not ship paints to the US.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 4

Today I received another Martini branded car, which I purchased some weeks ago for a very decent price. It's the good old Tamiya kit, which still looks sharp on the sprues, added with some PE, seat belts and turned aluminum air funnels aaannnddd Cartograph decals, which worked perfectly on my last Ducati build. The surprisingly small box, compared to the Porsche 935 is well stacked and a fun to browse. 

IMG_9291.thumb.JPG.ec88507bedead4d1c05f27a6b8e75d60.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 8

After my recent fun generating Ducati big bike build, I decided on something considerable smaller of Japanese origin this time.
I was not sure if I want to build the Honda Monkey 50 in 1/6 or this modern 125 version in 1/12, but decided for the latter, because it will be pimped a little.

Cheers Rob

IMG_9294.thumb.JPG.dac8251567d441f01b33b4927f976cfa.JPG

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Nice choice for your next build and will be following your progress. :popcorn:

Thanks Peter, but it will not be my next build. I started an ICM PZL 11 in 1/32 and have a have build Arado 234 waiting for me to continue and there is a 'what if' project in my head and the Kai Phantom is looming on the shelf and maybe another bike, ... So many choices.
Maybe the Monkey is a nice in between buil, when I get frustrated with one of the others, it looks like a fast and simple voyage.

Cheers Rob

• Like 6