Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

1 hour ago, harv said:

You are doinga WIP ,right?.....harv

I will eventually, but right now I need to set up my work space. All my supplies, tools and

models are still at another location since the move.I'm going to start moving this stuff 

this coming weekend. A word about these decals; the markings guide that came with

them is very small. I'm going to have to enlarge it just to see what the heck I'm doing.

Anyway, regarding the decals that came with the Takom kit.......well, I've had trouble with Takom decals before so I thought I'd use these. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

The Bigger the Better

Keep 'em comin

Peter

As a whale; I live by that maxim. Anyway, it's bigger than my last one which was covered

with paint and damaged by a lacquer thinner spill. I'm making a fresh start now that I have moved. And a new mat is in order.

5 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

• Like 4

Had a club meeting yesterday.  I won the raffle but called for a re-draw to give someone else a chance.  Luckier still was finding these two kits (on my very short list of must-haves) for less than half price that a fellow club member was getting rid of.

IMG_0064.thumb.JPG.cf7ae2b34895b4cb5a6b26ff51243aae.JPG

Dickermaxclean.jpg.6b7196817e5f386253a30d7957b01edb.jpg

Dickermaxsnow.jpg.f3d6c1c74fcbac19f6d2732285cd241f.jpg

Dicker-max-snow.jpg.c6b5cb4dc399be28c59654d7335d271d.jpg

Dicker Max at least gives us some color and weathering options.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, harv said:

More goodies came. Now I have some saw blades. Do I have enough BluTack?.....harv

20211004_151524.jpg

20211004_151721.jpg

20211004_151511.jpg

That's a lot of Blu -tack! You do know that you can reuse it, right? I've used the

Tamiya saws before, they work ok, but they can bend easily. Actually your post

reminds me that I need to re-order some.

• Like 3

Hola Señhores, today I received my Do-17 kit in 48  scale. It's the ICM plastic for a Z1, Z2, Z3 or Z5 and includes masks, phew, resin wheels and floating device and colored PE for the pit along some new decals for eight planes.
There wer to many tasty Do-17 / Do-217 builds around to let it pass.
The only letdown is the 'Kampfstift' title of the boxing. To my knowledge the Do-17 was never named like this. The typical nick was 'Fliegender Bleistift' (flying pencil).

Cheers Rob

IMG_9336.thumb.JPG.5752f976bb96984040a9f96762a7965a.JPG

• Like 9

3 hours ago, DocRob said:

Hola Señhores, today I received my Do-17 kit in 48  scale. It's the ICM plastic for a Z1, Z2, Z3 or Z5 and includes masks, phew, resin wheels and floating device and colored PE for the pit along some new decals 

You’re going enjoy this build….the fit of ICM is very good…..

• Like 6

Some more ICM plastic arrived today. The 1/32 Gloster Gladiator MK. I. Browsing through the box shows nicely detailed plastic, which is broken down into not too many parts.
Compared to  my recent IBG PZL. 11 build, that will be a fast build, I guess. There is less detail and no PE included. Unfortunately there are no seat belts supplied either, so I will have to raid other kits, maybe my Tamiya Mosquito, where I have bought some HGW spare belts.
I somehow like these interwar designs and the Gladiator will be an easy build, beside from flat wire rigging. I will build her in a silver dope finish, which looks better than the spinach and barf camo.

Cheers Rob

IMG_9348.thumb.JPG.d94aea72153d3e7dc2dc4860b1bac747.JPG 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just purchased some more of these; they are quick release fittings that work with

my Iwata airbrushes. they were purchased from a manufacturer called Abest on

Amazon. 

I did find that the o-rings they came with tend to foul the air valve stem if tightened too much. So I replaced them with o rings with a square cross section sourced from

McMaster- carr.......these work very well. I recommend these quick release fittings.

https://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/1171n177

The quick release is shown fitted to my Iwata HP-C plus.

DSCN0145.JPG

DSCN0144.JPG

DSCN0146_kindlephoto-10740089.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 10/9/2021 at 9:30 AM, DocRob said:

Some more ICM plastic arrived today. The 1/32 Gloster Gladiator MK. I. Browsing through the box shows nicely detailed plastic, which is broken down into not too many parts.
Compared to  my recent IBG PZL. 11 build, that will be a fast build, I guess. There is less detail and no PE included. Unfortunately there are no seat belts supplied either, so I will have to raid other kits, maybe my Tamiya Mosquito, where I have bought some HGW spare belts.
I somehow like these interwar designs and the Gladiator will be an easy build, beside from flat wire rigging. I will build her in a silver dope finish, which looks better than the spinach and barf camo.

Cheers Rob

IMG_9348.thumb.JPG.d94aea72153d3e7dc2dc4860b1bac747.JPG 

Cool! I like the Gladiator. I remember building the Lindberg kit of the gladiator years....no, decades ago, in 1/48 scale. I thought,  it was a pretty good kit at the time, but this new kit must be a big improvement......not to mention larger! Anyway, looking forward to your build.

Paul.

• Like 2