Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Received yesterday from Poland FPW Model’s 1/32 Wright R-1820.

It’s an amazing piece of 3D-printing technology … and a challenge to paint …

i-9cjW5zZ-338x450.jpg

i-RLkjpVd-338x450.jpg

i-kWQ5Czg-338x450.jpg

After a cursory glance It looks like a late production R-1820, but I need to check more in depth the corresponding version.

Hubert

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, HubertB said:

Received yesterday from Poland FPW Model’s 1/32 Wright R-1820.

It’s an amazing piece of 3D-printing technology … and a challenge to paint …

i-9cjW5zZ-338x450.jpg

i-RLkjpVd-338x450.jpg

i-kWQ5Czg-338x450.jpg

After a cursory glance It looks like a late production R-1820, but I need to check more in depth the corresponding version.

Hubert

Looks great. What are you going to use it in?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

Looks great. What are you going to use it in?

There are so many kits in my stash in need of a good AM R-1820. I needed to find out one after the bitter disapointment of the Vector one with its uneven distribution of cylinders.

First of those was the venerable Grumann Gulfhawk, but this version of the R-180 won't fit the bill : Al Williams' Gulfhawk used a G-100 where the ignition harness was BEHIND the  pushrods. But all hope is not lost, as I found what looks like a good early R-1820 design on Cgtrader. And, as an ultimate resort, I could always design my own. I have already 3 radials' designs in my lap, with a Wright J-9 for the Mistery Ship, a R-985 and last a G&R Mistral 9Kdrs. But I am getting a bit lazy, if someone has done a good job before me ;) ...

Hubert

• Like 4

I was on the Hannants website checking for the sttus of my Kotare Spitfire order when I strayed and ordered this:

2ytxOs.jpg

I don't normally build Luftwaffe stuff but now and again I will build one as a stress free build, which means I don't have to worry too much about accuracy just get on with the build. Besides I find the desert scheme very attractive.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 8

17 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Something for @Peterpools's next Kingfisher. 

PXL_20230322_193700437.thumb.jpg.a60411f16b862ce85fa33ad4011c2567.jpg

Hopefully they work out nicely. 

Carl

Should have guessed this would happen. How many times do we struggle to build an old kit and then as if by magic a new and awesome kit is released. I do have the second kit which has to be built as the land version as I used its floats to replace the ones I destroyed on the original. Of course, these kits aren't very expensive until you start looking for one. 

• Like 4

It's here - arrive a peanut butter and jelly sandwich ago! Hoping to jump in after finishing my ZM 109, which I just started and some cockpit AM will be available by then. Revell absolutely struck paydirt and the preverbal goldmine. I pre ordered the Hurricane from one of our sponsors; Hobbynut Models. Excellent service. 

Now if only my Kotare Spitfire would arrive from Kotare via Carl.

EsIgPq.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Bought cheap of fleabay as the box was damaged and the instruction a bit wet ....no dramas with either of that  . It's a REO whistler from AFV Club so she'll be a bit of a chubby girl in the details department, but should build up straight. Never done no Nam thing ..... which is odd as I have an on / off  interest in that conflict . Stand by for lots of "Charlie don't Surf" nonsense later this year .  

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Helicopters take a lots of real estate . Where you guys gonna put it? :)

Next to my P-61 and Lancaster, which will be above my B-17 and B-25. Below, my A-10 and F-14...A-20 too? Oh ya and my 48th B-52, and A-26.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, smitty44 said:

Next to my P-61 and Lancaster, which will be above my B-17 and B-25. Below, my A-10 and F-14...A-20 too? Oh ya and my 48th B-52, and A-26.

That's the sort of display case I'd like to have. 

• Like 5

My actual USS Arizona build could not prevent me, from digging deeper into maritime objects, albeit in a bit larger scale.
Today, I received the 1/144 Flower Class Corvette from Revell. I got it for a great price and now I'm waiting to lay my hand onto the dedicated Pontos set, which will be more than four times the price of the kit :hsmack:.
I built the 1/72 Matchbox kit, when it came out and made it a RC ship. By then, I was a poor modeler and I always had the idea in the back of my head, to build another one.
Last week, I read somewhere about a Flower Class Corvette build, that the fascination of these vessels lay in their style and size, like they are taken out from a Tintin comic and I thought, bang, right, that's exactly the feeling, juvenile hunger for adventures.

IMG_0954.thumb.JPG.872af71540b49edb623396f434cde19e.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 3/23/2023 at 5:07 PM, Peterpools said:

It's here - arrive a peanut butter and jelly sandwich ago! Hoping to jump in after finishing my ZM 109, which I just started and some cockpit AM will be available by then. Revell absolutely struck paydirt and the preverbal goldmine. 

https://www.rfstudio.hu/termek/358#

Red Fox as ordered……..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Ernie

I'm still holding out for maybe a Quinta set which always contains a lot more detail parts plus seatbelts, not to mention Eduard jumping in with a neat PE set or even a Big Ed set. Fingers crossed as I get closer to build time as to what is available. 🤞

• Like 1

Went a little mad, my excuse that haven’t bought anything for awhile. Final items for Mosquito plus Beaufort and F16 plus AFV. Really impressed with the Red Fox sets and the KitsWorld Beaufort IP are equally good. The Dspiae drill set is well engineered , I love tools and making handle rails is tricky, hopefully the Master Tool set will be good……

25543863-4E64-4508-A61D-79C817B16D0B.thumb.jpeg.67f18be0dfb7d01ab2c2fdcff32d32f3.jpeg

6F3E3FD8-5F9A-414E-84BB-840AD2479D10.thumb.jpeg.d40d97cd9f599809ec8e9a995c9cfccc.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2