The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

After nearly two month of no show, yesterday I received a nice kit from Special Hobby. It's kind of an all inclusive package, with colour-PE, a resin cockpit, resin exhausts and some nice paint schemes.

Cheers Rob

IMG_5914.thumb.JPG.fae4c19d419e199dea64deb92e89b96a.JPG

• Like 4

I received my order of paint masks from DN Models. 

First up is a set I asked if they'd upscale to 1/32 for me so they happily did so. Supposedly they're going to add them to their catalogue soon.

IMG_20190325_230539-L.jpg

Now to get a kit to apply them to. Did I do that backwards?

Next up was canopy masks for the HK Lancaster.

IMG_20190325_230550-L.jpg

Lastly was a custom set of masks for a 439Sqn CF-18 in low vis Tiger Stripes. 

IMG_20190325_230554-L.jpg

This is a paint job I've wanted to do for years so once there's the tiniest bit of free real estate on my bench, I'll be starting this one. 

Carl

• Like 4

Guest DannyVM

Last weekend i tried the new Real Colors from AK Interactive. I was stunned by the quality of the paint. Also their Aircraft colors are very interesting so i decided to buy all the 133 colors from their Aircraft range.

Today, this was delivered at my doorstep.

All colors where securely packed into a carton box.

gaAeOvOl.jpg

The wooden transport box is a nice add-on, maybe not necessary to buy for most of us, but still for me a nice way of storing my paints due to some space problems.

wjrpvbsl.jpg

Paint's where all stored by color number into the wooden box........Nope guy's, you have to do it by yourself.:D

dybEVOil.jpg

AK included some extra items into the package like a color equivalent cart and some stickers.

LTn2m4Hl.jpg

Greetz

Danny

Guest DannyVM
14 hours ago, GusMac said:

Wow Danny that's a serious investment but nicely packaged. Never tried them but I understand they're acrylic lacquers, so are they similar to the Tamiya ones?

Yep indeed they are similar, but they give a more finer spray lay-out then the Tamiya ones. I supose they use much more quality pigments. It's just a personal feeling, the thing i like the most is the fact that these are all aircraft related colors. Colors are included for : Germany, china, Russia, Great Brittain, USA, chech colors, japan, israel, italie and maybe i forgot some. All are for W.W. 2 and modern area. German colors exists of all RLM color range.

1 hour ago, DannyVM said:

Yep indeed they are similar, but they give a more finer spray lay-out then the Tamiya ones. I supose they use much more quality pigments. It's just a personal feeling, the thing i like the most is the fact that these are all aircraft related colors. Colors are included for : Germany, china, Russia, Great Brittain, USA, chech colors, japan, israel, italie and maybe i forgot some. All are for W.W. 2 and modern area. German colors exists of all RLM color range.

AND the box is really cool..... better than having them roll all over the bench like mine do..B)

• Like 3

Guest DannyVM
8 hours ago, Jeff said:

AND the box is really cool..... better than having them roll all over the bench like mine do..B)

The box is an option, you don't need to buy it, but it's nice AK gives the modeller the choice. I bought the box because i just don't have any storage space in surplus, so this is a nice solution.:D

One thing, you have to put the paints by your self in the box and sort them by your self by numbers. I didn't mind yesterday because my wife was at that moment in surgery, so i could clear my mind a little bit. But it's an intensive work because all paint numbers are a little bit mixed up in their carton boxes.

7 hours ago, GusMac said:

Thanks for the feedback Danny. Will invest in a few to give them a try.

With pleasure mate. They have a little different smell than Tamiya paints, but on the other hand they are similar.

1 hour ago, Bill_S said:

I agree with the others on the paints, Danny. Once my supply of Model Master enamels dwindles, I'm going to have to find a new brand.

It's worth while to try them out Bill. You can thin them with Cellulose thinner or Isopropyl alcohol. Both works very fine with these paint.