Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

4 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Paul

Awesome purchase. I built the Tamiya Mossie when it first came out and she is still close to the standard of detail today in 32nd scale. Mine is the Queen of my Display case along with my Fisher Sea Fury.

Just go slowly and almost no AM is needed. A fun build and the finished model is incredible.

Thanks. Today I purchased the Eduard masking set for this bird. It's been a while since

I built an Aircraft model.....At one time, I built airplane models exclusively but the big

kits prices scare me a bit now. I'd love to build something in 1/24....The big airfix Mossie

perhaps. We'll see how this one goes.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Old Revell kit with some aftermarket additions 

Go for it Martin, it's somehow a joyful torment to get these old kits to look good in the end. I've realized exactly this lately :D.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

I’ve never seen this kit before in all the years. Amazing scale as well 1:232…….

Hubert there is a 32 in it so you’ll be alright……..:sofa:

Any scale in « 1xx » or « 2xx » for ships is good in my book 😏.

I discovered the USS Olympia kit in the « spare parts » department of Revell GB in 1978. It was already OOP for some time…

And of course, I have one (two actually) in the stash, but missed the Encore release where the upgrades are actually a GREAT addition to a venerable kit which is a few years older than me (and THAT’s telling a lot) …

Hubert

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Phinally this Phantastic Phlying assembly from wood and cloth arrived on my doorstep. It was the last from my 'I really want it' list from WNW. The kit has the same fantastic quality of the other kits of the brand and is even equipped with some cookie cut wood decals for the fuselage. On first inspection, they look a bit coarse, but I will varnish the wood on mine, so it might work and I added some HGW seat belts to the mix.
Along the plane came four sheets of linen decal for the wings, one transparent linen structured for a silver doped plane (Nieuport) and one sheet as a backup for my Halberstadt's fuselage with stippled Lozenge.
Last but not least, there were 1ManArmy's stencil masks for my ZM HS-219 included in the package, which nearly took forever to get here. 

P1000364.thumb.JPG.bb3aae1b2058c77904c880bc82682913.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I just had this pile of parts arrive Thursday. Just opened it all up.  
Sy85jg.jpg

It seems a lot of guys bought these with the intention to super detail them out and build a show finish airplane.   Then they never leave the stash because of AMS and get sold off.  

Me on the other hand, it will go perfectly built as the Canadian Mist bar advertisement as it was intended with my man cave decor.  
I just hope the decals are still good.  I might have to get my daughter to cut me out some vinyl transfers if not.  
About the only detail I plan on is the radial engine.  It’s not too bad for a bar display kit.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

Sy85jg.jpg

It seems a lot of guys bought these with the intention to super detail them out and build a show finish airplane.   Then they never leave the stash because of AMS and get sold off.  

Me on the other hand, it will go perfectly built as the Canadian Mist bar advertisement as it was intended with my man cave decor.  
I just hope the decals are still good.  I might have to get my daughter to cut me out some vinyl transfers if not.  
About the only detail I plan on is the radial engine.  It’s not too bad for a bar display kit.  

That will be a fun quick build.

Guess that's not the surprise for the Seaview. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Sy85jg.jpg

I have designed a - very - detailed 1/32 R-985 that can very well be printed in 1/24 scale.
Don’t ask me to print it myself, because my 3D-printer is sort of stored in-between house moves.

But you can have the file if you find someone to print it for you.

Hubert

• Like 6

Got a couple kits from Sprue Bros today. I ordered them back in Dec but had them sent to my sister in Wisconsin to save on shipping. We were going to visit this past week as it's March break here in Toronto but my other sister decided to go instead so she brought them back for me. 

Fitting into my "planes with big guns" interest, the recent ZM release. Sorry, it still has the tissue wrap on it. 

IMG_20230318_204617_01.thumb.jpg.1f9b5a77413ec77ce344679649c54644.jpg

The other one is the WNW Camel kit I meant to buy when they closed down. I got the Duelist boxing by mistake. 

IMG_20230318_204617_02.thumb.jpg.21b26d1fa6bcafe7b71e3a1655fa42fc.jpg

If I'm going to build a Camel, being Canadian, I thought it ought to be Roy Brown's plane. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 3/18/2023 at 12:45 PM, ScottsGT said:

Sy85jg.jpg

Hmm ..nice beaver ?

• Haha 8

A brace of Gustav's arrived from Volks Japan today.  They came with two surprise resin figures.  Thank you, Volks. 

IMG_1937.thumb.JPG.8dcc18f284e7304542b7abbe3be84e93.JPG

Alas, the figures are cockpit sitters in full gear with oxygen mask.  I don't think I will have much use for them as I generally place my aircraft on the ground.

• Like 10

From Scale Hobbyist came an item from Takom.

Well, actually, two kits in one box.....and not even a big box.

It's their Pz. Kpfw. I Ausf. A & Pz.Kpfw. I Ausf. B 1+1. (No.2145).

I think that's kind of a neat twist......One things for sure these were tiny tanks....1/35

scale you could easily place one of these tanks inside the hull of one of Takom's 1/16

versions of the same tanks!. The kits look pretty good...with the the sharp detail seen on

most Takom offerings and they seem to made up of lots of parts. The tracks are link &

Length and are well-molded with lots of detail. There's photo-etch included as well.

Anyway, looks like a nice project. Not sure if I should build them together or one at a time.

DSCN1078_kindlephoto-57178297.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1