The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

19 hours ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

AM for my bf 110 and Trumpeter Skyraider. More is coming from Hannants.

I've a sneaking suspicion the 110 will be my next build. 

ZMvqHO.jpg

Looks like you got the important AM bits for the BF110. I looked over the Revell instructions and they still goofed up on the tailwheel assembly so watch out when you get to that bit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's Year of the Rat according to the Lunar Calender but in my case I think Year of the Lancaster is more appropriate. I won the WNW Lanc from Ernie in the Christmas raffle here on LSM and I ended up winning the HK one in the anniversary GB raffle on LSP! 

IMG_20200126_095140.thumb.jpg.eddeab8d2d7577f793efac46eef78f7d.jpg

My wife wants to know where I'm going to put them once they're done. 

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

It's Year of the Rat according to the Lunar Calender but in my case I think Year of the Lancaster is more appropriate. I won the WNW Lanc from Ernie in the Christmas raffle here on LSM and I ended up winning the HK one in the anniversary GB raffle on LSP! 

If necessary I will take this white boxes marked Fisher off you to help make room! Two Lancasters...that's outrageous!

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, smitty44 said:

If necessary I will take this white boxes marked Fisher off you to help make room! Two Lancasters...that's outrageous!

Plus a B-17F and a B-24J...and three 1/72 Millennium Falcons.

I need to try building one of those Fisher kits one day. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Congrats on your bounty Carl!!! 

I bought the HKM Dambuster Lanc ... the kites were new from the factory when modified for Chastise - or at least thats what all my information says ... so I wanted a clean skin with no panel warping. I decided to hold of on the standard bomber Lanc purchase until the WNW kit hits the stores ... I want to see what in-box reviews of the retail plastic look like of that warped skin before I pull the trigger ... also the price comparison will com into calculations ... The WNW kit might justify a $50-$100 AUD differential ... but a $100-$200 one?? ... yeah ... wait and see I think! ... Once I get that bird sorted out, my next target will be a Chastise Bomb and trolley from Graham at Iconicair - with a tractor ... the HKM kit part looks a little dodgy to me.

Rog :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 1/24/2020 at 2:34 PM, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

This arrived yesterday. 

T6sheh.jpg

SWEET, this is one I'd like to try too..... Ray Collishaw, lived just a few hundred miles from where I live........  I hope you do a WIP, on this one Dale, one of my all time favorites for sure..

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 9:13 AM, Artful69 said:

The Hs.129B-2 Finally arrived at one of my local (Australian) hobby stores ... 

rYrol03.jpg

Metro?

Not in yet at any of the other 'Friends' Stores that I can see. A local store on my delivery route but not on the ZM list has SWS 14 in stock at a very competitive price, might see if he's able to source it for me.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Wumm said:

Metro?

Not in yet at any of the other 'Friends' Stores that I can see. A local store on my delivery route but not on the ZM list has SWS 14 in stock at a very competitive price, might see if he's able to source it for me.

Yes that order came from Metro's ... They got their order in sometime 1st week of January ... Ran out of one of the new Skyraiders as it went to stock - due to backorders I believe ... apparently their gear is becoming so popular that Metros needs to expand their orders for the next run ... Frontline have theirs in stock now. I have my 2 Skyraiders (SWS-15 & 16) and a Trumpy A-4E inbound from them and due to arrive any day.

Link below

https://www.frontlinehobbies.com.au/zoukei-mura-1-32-henschel-hs-129b-sws-17

Rog :)

• Like 2

Thanks Rog,

I suppose it depends largely on when the kits are available for shipping and the timing of the ordering.  Taking advantage of Freight options and exchange rates also helps I guess.

$264 is a little spendy, but it's in the vicinity. When you consider the U.S. price of $140 that Volks or Sprue are listing, factor in the exchange rate and two sets of Tax for the Importer and the end user to pay, and it comes back to $250 Au. BNA will probably be a little cheaper; but of course they're not also running a Bricks and Mortar store like Metro and Frontline are. 

S

• Like 3

• Administrators

I just found my true Grail Kit. One I had pretty much given up hope of ever finding, yet here it is, the truly amazing, mind blowing, and stunningly arse end-ugly C-7 Caribou.
No, it’s not an LSM per se, but it’s the largest model of it available anywhere. 
I’ve been looking for literally years, and finally, after a tip from a good friend, I snagged it off Ebay Australia and I got it today.

To say I'm psyched would be an understatement.  This is a vac kit with all resin details included as well, and a full book of RAAF decals, enough to recreate one of every Caribou operated by the RAAF.

Anyone who's seen one of these perform is awed by what it can do, and it's bigger brother the Buffalo, is even crazier.  Take off and land in 650 feet at full gross....

A9506B67-C1AB-4F43-8BCD-03EA7C904085.jpeg

7EEFDF02-B8F8-46A6-A9DF-BEE256462C4B.jpeg

9F303C63-818F-4D0E-83C0-B06ABFD156CA.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, GusMac said:

With a back-end like that it'll be interesting to see how much weight it needs up front not to be a tail-sitter!

Gus, my PLAN is to drop the ramp. most that have been built were done that way as well.  That way, if I don't use enough noseweight, a 1/32 pallet or two of "freight" will fix that proble.

Also, I'd really love to drop those huge flaps. It's been done a few times as well....  I expect it'll be a bit more of a chore

• Like 3