The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1:32 Mosquito bomber, SPRUE SHOTS!

James H

• Administrators

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen,

After a hectic Telford this year, finally arrived home mid afternoon and took the photos of the sprue shots for the forthcoming bomber version of the DH Mosquito, from HK Models. Plenty of slide-moulding on show here, including elevators, ailerons, rudder, flaps, wingtips, and that stunning fuselage and SINGLE PIECE wing! Yes, you read that correctly....the entire wing (except tips, with two options), is ONE part!!! No joints to remove....just a fine moulding seam.

Notice optional canopy parts, and choice of cookie and regular bomb load, with the bay doors to suit. There will be a 2 stage engine option, but that's being worked on. What you see here is for the single stage Merlin. Despite plenty of slide moulding genius, this model still has over TWENTY sprues! Enjoy!!

DSC03469.jpg

DSC03470.jpg

DSC03471.jpg

DSC03473.jpg

DSC03472.jpg

DSC03474.jpg

DSC03475.jpg

DSC03476.jpg

DSC03478.jpg

DSC03481.jpg

DSC03479.jpg

DSC03480.jpg

DSC03482.jpg

DSC03483.jpg

DSC03491.jpg

DSC03486.jpg

DSC03487.jpg

DSC03489.jpg

DSC03488.jpg

DSC03484.jpg

DSC03485.jpg

DSC03493.jpg

DSC03494.jpg

DSC03492.jpg

DSC03495.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I will be wanting every Mk of this that will do. I'm working on the camo masks as we speak :)

Oh, I'm glad to hear that Mal, these will definitely be epic kits and that extra special touch will do no harm either !  Can't wait.

Grant

h, I'm glad to hear that Mal, these will definitely be epic kits and that extra special touch will do no harm either !  Can't wait.

Grant

Yes they definitely look like they will be epic kits, separate internal framing for the cockpit, as well as the one piece wing/ fuselage, I was hoping for that :) I do hope that HKM do the Westland Whirlwind in this scale as well. Not a model that shouts out that it would be a great seller, but done as well as this I reckon that it would be the thing of dreams :) Now that would definitely warrant a mask set :)