Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

• Administrators

Not much bench time this weekend after the Honeydew list got handled, but that’s what being a good husband does: be there for the pretty half of this family.  After the stuff gets done, I find myself working away on the fuselage, picking the best way to go.  I’d like to make some common sense upgrades to Jerry’s original interior, but not too much. 

I’m looking at the Eduard and Aires interior offerings, and, to be quite honest, there isn’t much gain to be made other than locations of some interior items.

Organized confusion here.

The pilot seat has me scratching my head. The kit seat seems way overscale, like it was built for my arese, not a 22 year old kid. Kit seat on left, Aires in the middle, aftermarket D seat on right. 

ECCB0AF6-744E-4E01-A1CA-9AA6A791F524.jpeg

231BEB1D-DC27-4A02-86E6-D65D9F5C3647.jpeg

• Like 5

• Administrators
3 hours ago, DocRob said:

Looks like a two seater sofa to me, Pretty comfy though, could need some pillows :D.

Cheers Rob

All I can say is that this kit is dead on accurate in profile. It’s stunning how a huge company like Trumpeter could get it so incredibly wrong. Plus, the cockpit interior of this model just blows me away. There’s little I’ll change except add some placards, wiring, and levers and buttons

• Like 2

• Administrators
2 hours ago, williamj said:

So you have one of Jerry's kits??? and everything needed to dress it up as well?  So jealous .:huh:

We know you won't "Bork it up " Ernie, LOL.         God we need some B's and C's.

Pulling up a seat. :wub:

Thanks William, it’s an adventure.  Now with Dave Crosby and Martin both on the B/C warpath, hope springs eternal one of them will give us a clear map to a homemade version. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Clunkmeister said:

Thanks William, it’s an adventure.  Now with Dave Crosby and Martin both on the B/C warpath, hope springs eternal one of them will give us a clear map to a homemade version. 

You know Martin's will end up looking like a or Lavochkin or Yakked up some way no matter what the plan was.:D

• Like 2

• Administrators
5 hours ago, williamj said:

You know Martin's will end up looking like a or Lavochkin or Yakked up some way no matter what the plan was.:D

Ain’t that the truth. Everything he builds seems to come out the other end with a Soviet flavor. That’s what makes him so ‘special’. Hehehe

• Like 3

• Administrators
5 hours ago, williamj said:

CUPCAKE??   Really Maru...I'm sorry I just can't visualize Ernie as a cupcake. Think I like the "Big Bork" better.:construction:

I never borked once. Didn’t do the technicolor yawn either. Nor did I talk to Ralph on the big white telephone. I much prefer contributing to the delinquency of others. :)

• Like 3