Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

We have some AWESOME builders here!

Clunkmeister

• Administrators

I'm blown away by these new completed builds being put up now. Yes, many are previous builds migrating from other places. like the couple I put up, but others are new and amazing in every way. 

Jeroen's 1/48 Vickers Wellington is stupendous, and it one of those builds that drew me in and made the transfer to LSM that more magical.  Jeroen, that PE work is mind blowing!

We gotta build, guys. We're modelers first, so when I get home tonight, ONWARD AND UPWARD! 

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Isn't Jeroen like administrator or something  ?  LOL

You mean .... Could Ernie be somewhat on the sycophant side ? ....

Ernie ? .....

Nooooo waaaayyyy :rofl:

Hubert

PS: agreed on the initial comment, btw :thumbsup2:

• Like 4

"Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Whoops! Sorry about that. Thought we were quoting movies. My name is Carl and I am all over the map. I have kits I started in a previous century that still need to be finished and i have kits that get done slower than JohnB but faster than molasses flows downhill. 

Ernie, don't forget you build some crazy complicated biplane things with all that silly string/cobweb stuff stuck between them. I get crosseyed just looking at it all. 

Carl

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

1/32 scale Wimpy would be nice ...

Oh ... stop it with the teasing, Martin!! ... I'm drooling on the keyboard!!

Maybe HKM could be conned into one ... along with a Do.17z ... 

They're designing a Ju.52 after all!

Rog :)

• Like 4

I’m a below average builder, but I am trying to learn something new in each and every model I build. But, I am probably a fast builder. I started building in December of 2016, in 2017, I built a total of 10=1/72 airplanes, and 4=1/32 airplanes, 2018 was a slow year because of the move, but I finished three so far, but I’m on track to finish 10=1/32 this year. I moved one to the shelf of doom, just because of a lack of motivation. I really do want to do a quick build of a Tamiya 1/32 F-15E next month, as well as a twin or four engine bomber this year too. We will see what I can handle. 

• Like 4

Martin, actually there is a 1/32 Dakota, but it is WAY out of my league, price wise and build wise, and it is not even a resin kit, I am assuming you mean IM plastic, that I think I could handle , but surely not this beauty . I sure would love to watch a build like this go together..... I saw a Lancaster being built like this somewhere too, can't remember where though

https://forum.model-space.co.uk/default.aspx?g=topics&f=322

https://www.model-space.com/gb/build-the-douglas-dc3-full-kit.html 

this is a very cool kit , that would challenge a lot of skills I'd say... very cool though....

• Like 2

On 9/21/2018 at 4:01 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

"Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Whoops! Sorry about that. Thought we were quoting movies. My name is Carl and I am all over the map. I have kits I started in a previous century that still need to be finished and i have kits that get done slower than JohnB but faster than molasses flows downhill. 

Ernie, don't forget you build some crazy complicated biplane things with all that silly string/cobweb stuff stuck between them. I get crosseyed just looking at it all. 

Carl

Nearly everyone builds slower than JohnB!

• Like 1