Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

• Administrators

Buffalo is looking up…  I goobered up the tail decals, then made a mess out of painting the stripes on, now I’ll try it again, this time taking more care.  The Killer Egg was the result of getting pissed off at the Buffalo for a few days. I’m not a helo guy, but that little kit is a really precise and nice building kit.

Haven't got as much bench time as I really wanted, simply because I’ve been enjoying the summer with the old cars.

49E00F0E-749B-457A-8CAE-BA5F62242E59.jpeg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Clunkmeister said:

Haven't got as much bench time as I really wanted, simply because I’ve been enjoying the summer with the old cars.

Ernie that's about to happen to us here in Biloxi in the next 4 weeks with the "Crusin the Coast" I have worked Auto retail most of my life along with about seven years in a machine shop rebuilding motors,Heads was my main job.I have to dig for the numbers but think it was 7/9K Registered last year it's like Mardi Gras people throw out lawn chairs on Hwy90 and watch the HR's go.I have to say every car that registers represents a minimum of two people we probably see 20/30k extra pop. that week it's frigg'in Nuts.

https://cruisinthecoast.com/schedule/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Buffalo is looking up…  I goobered up the tail decals, then made a mess out of painting the stripes on, now I’ll try it again, this time taking more care.  The Killer Egg was the result of getting pissed off at the Buffalo for a few days. I’m not a helo guy, but that little kit is a really precise and nice building kit.

49E00F0E-749B-457A-8CAE-BA5F62242E59.jpeg

For a half second I thought you had two of those egg plane kits on your bench.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

• Administrators
19 hours ago, KevinM said:

Ernie that's about to happen to us here in Biloxi in the next 4 weeks with the "Crusin the Coast" I have worked Auto retail most of my life along with about seven years in a machine shop rebuilding motors,Heads was my main job.I have to dig for the numbers but think it was 7/9K Registered last year it's like Mardi Gras people throw out lawn chairs on Hwy90 and watch the HR's go.I have to say every car that registers represents a minimum of two people we probably see 20/30k extra pop. that week it's frigg'in Nuts.

https://cruisinthecoast.com/schedule/

I'd love to come down sometime, but it's a long way to drive a rod or an old car. I wouldn't trust the 35 hot rod, and the 56 and 57 both are serious cars that I'd be scared to have out too far away from home. Especially that 56. They only made 545 of them, and a deer would ruin my day.

• Like 5

Nice day here, on furlough, so a little al fresco modelling………had a real nightmare with the 51, the black base went down as orange peel, flattened that out, the Aluminium then went down to thin and then I noticed more blemishes etc….so rub it all down again……..hence just some building……..I reckon I’ll just become a builder……..

608C2BDD-033C-4CD1-8816-EB58BC49778F.thumb.jpeg.5dcd15cc4711696237ad8201fa280633.jpeg

• Like 8

17 hours ago, DocRob said:

Missing the wheels on the right one, but there still is some sprue showing :rofl:. The uneven twins look great as they are Carl.

Cheers Rob

That's the Q Branch option for you. 

I made a stand using leftover sprue from the kit. 

PXL_20210916_235335176.thumb.jpg.865563e9739705375392f6652e41f39d.jpg

The decals are on and the cars are finished. 

PXL_20210916_235343280.thumb.jpg.bcee79578e389365a00aea44c9155d15.jpg

PXL_20210916_235321269.thumb.jpg.1c613dff9f9bdc9d87dffb54f0f7beb5.jpg

Now back to the CF-18.

• Like 10