Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

First steps with rust!

DSC_0178.thumb.JPG.5086952cc08e33bb7386e76bb5b47123.JPG

Ammo Scratches Effects and faded French Blue over the rusty base colours. Still lots to do with chipping, oils, dry brushing, etc but pretty happy with it as a base to work on. Just the rest of the chassis and bits to go....

• Like 7

21 hours ago, krow113 said:

Weren't those trucks aluminum body panels ...?

Could be Steve, can't find clear answer anywhere but I don't care anyway. Whole point of this build was to try rust techniques and it'll go straight in the display case, so I'm the only one who'll see it. I'm claiming artistic licence... 😁

• Like 5

In the moment there is little time for modelling, therefore I shelved the Arado momentarily, which I wanted to build with full concentration and continued with the Chinese Tankette, which is a much simpler affair.

The primed parts where accentuated and modulated with Nato black.

IMG_9468.thumb.JPG.ae2e13250ef8a130bfd7bf2c7f5a6b17.JPG

Then a transparent coat of olive green, which was used pronouncing the darker areas.

IMG_9470.thumb.JPG.0c336fdcac7dd4fb88d03068066d3d8b.JPG

Then a lighter mix with some drops of yellow green, followed by an even lighter mix with IJN cockpit green, sprayed on the lighter pars of the mini tank and from above. 

IMG_9472.thumb.JPG.b6ab2e5d33737eab8e1b9b6f1557e341.JPG

I than added the running gear and made a mock up with the prepared tracks, only to see if the vinyl stuff fits. It does and has a really spongy working suspension.

IMG_9473.thumb.JPG.6ddcf8aadef3463d6349b773844e983b.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DocRob said:

In the moment there is little time for modelling, therefore I shelved the Arado momentarily, which I wanted to build with full concentration and continued with the Chinese Tankette, which is a much simpler affair.

Then a transparent coat of olive green, which was used pronouncing the darker areas.

Then a lighter mix with some drops of yellow green, followed by an even lighter mix with IJN cockpit green, sprayed on the lighter pars of the mini tank and from above. 

I than added the running gear and made a mock up with the prepared tracks, only to see if the vinyl stuff fits. It does and has a really spongy working suspension.

Cheers Rob

Looks great Rob. I had fun with my build. I now want to try the Japanese version. With

regards to the tracks; mine developed a split on one side after sitting on the shelf for

months. I have been unable to fix the gap. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, belugawhaleman said:

Looks great Rob. I had fun with my build. I now want to try the Japanese version. With

regards to the tracks; mine developed a split on one side after sitting on the shelf for

months. I have been unable to fix the gap.

Thanks a lot, until now, the tracks seem to be pretty robust, but due to the suspension, there is some tension on them. I do not trust the rubber material, but hope for the best.

Cheers Rob 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DocRob said:

Cheers Rob

Looks great, Rob!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/6/2021 at 12:19 AM, Martinnfb said:

Not exactly on my bench, but also a very exciting beginning of an ambitious, international project. And thanks to Hubert, this might even look presentable. :)

Thank You again my faraway friend.

avia2021.jpg.4fc9b9b5579c19e0a6c4f379dfa45421.jpg

Martin

Could it be the start of a Sea Fury?

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 3

Nice progress on the tankette there Rob.  Not a bad idea to pause on the Arado and do something less involved. 

22 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Martin

Could it be the start of a Sea Fury?

Keep 'em comin

Peter

I think that's a Cavalier Mustang. Which would be the only reason for me to get another P-51. :sofa:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Very correct, this is the only reason to get another P-51 

Not the nicest of all Mustangs, but interesting, never heard about that one before. Looks a bit like a Frankenstang with the nose of a FW-190 D and you definitely need to drill out the enormous exhaust :D.
BTW: Have I ever mentioned, that I like subject off the trotten pathes.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3