The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

Tamiya Tomcat.

DSCN2750-1.jpg

It doesn't say so in the instructions, but I think the main wings need paint prior to assembly.

DSCN2749-1.jpg

I'll wrap them in plastic wrap until paint on the rest on the plane is complete.

• Like 10

17 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Bill

Nice progress with the Big Cat.  Any chance you could witch over to a big thread, so it would be easier to follow your progress?

Keep 'em comin

Peter

I hadn't really thought of a WIP, Peter - but you've made me change my mind...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi Bill

It's just so much easier keeping track and following.  In the What's on your bench forum, there are so many of everything being posted, including those posts that are not even on the basic subject, it's way too easily to lose a build thread.

Much apprecited

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 3

hi gents

here is what's currently on my bench : the " Tempest Mk 2 " from special hobby , an impressive stuff !! the instruction booklet itself can make you " scare " 🥶 , very , or too much complex ... well , the kit, although a " short run " is well detailed .... here are some photos in progress  ( sorry , no pictures of the cockpit ( a kit into the kit )  

img_3426.jpg

img_3425.jpg

now , the fuselage is closed , and I did a quick test fit fuselage / cowling ..... here are the forthcoming issues !!! note the gap ( on each side of course ) more than a gap , an abyss ... I guess that some " surgeries " will be needed ... question : does anybody has already built this version ? did you get such .....problem ? how did you fix this bad fit issue ?...merci !!!

Alain

img_3424.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mirage said:

hi gents

here is what's currently on my bench : the " Tempest Mk 2 " from special hobby , an impressive stuff !! the instruction booklet itself can make you " scare " 🥶 , very , or too much complex ... well , the kit, although a " short run " is well detailed .... here are some photos in progress  ( sorry , no pictures of the cockpit ( a kit into the

Alain, looking very good, check the wing fitment to the fuselage. On my SH Mk V, I had some serious fowling issues of the cockpit cage and the wing……..hopefully the got it right on the Mk 2

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Alain, looking very good, check the wing fitment to the fuselage. On my SH Mk V, I had some serious fowling issues of the cockpit cage and the wing……..hopefully the got it right on the Mk 2

thanks guys 

for now , I will paint the wheel wells , close the wings , and glue them to the fuselage .. then after , I will take care to the cowling ... I will let you know how things go .. stay tune 

cheers 

Alain

• Like 5

Got home from an 8 day cruise and went back to work on the Cougar.  Got the cracked and warped wing air splitters fixed using brass sheet to cut and file new ones. 
ZbGK0H.jpg

25xBES.jpg

of course Mr. Quality Control inspector had to get involved. 

HCgU66.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 6/7/2022 at 1:34 AM, Mirage said:

hi gents

here is what's currently on my bench : the " Tempest Mk 2 " from special hobby , an impressive stuff !! the instruction booklet itself can make you " scare " 🥶 , very , or too much complex ... well , the kit, although a " short run " is well detailed .... here are some photos in progress  ( sorry , no pictures of the cockpit ( a kit into the kit )  

img_3426.jpg

img_3425.jpg

now , the fuselage is closed , and I did a quick test fit fuselage / cowling ..... here are the forthcoming issues !!! note the gap ( on each side of course ) more than a gap , an abyss ... I guess that some " surgeries " will be needed ... question : does anybody has already built this version ? did you get such .....problem ? how did you fix this bad fit issue ?...merci !!!

Alain

img_3424.jpg

Hi Alain,

the gap is ok, it supposed to be there. It is a part of the cooling duct tunnel.

hawker-tempest-large-6.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

thank you Matin , it can't be more obvious !!!!!! 👍 well after my post , I did some " investigations " and I found these pictures ( we should   have to check before drawing conclusions  😉) !!)..thank you for your input 

Alain 

• Like 6

Had a promotion at work (farm manager) and been suffering quite a bad bout of depression and anxiety. So my bench time has been non existent for a few months. Thought i would break myself back into the dio gently.

Started to work on the fence and some small trees for the hedge line. Fence was made by sanding down a tree branch. Natures free materials :)

IMG_2542.JPG

IMG_2543.JPG

IMG_2544.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1