Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Build BEAUFIGHTER they said, it's FUN they said :)

Thank You gentlemen. appreciate your comments.

Mark, thank you for brining the Model Monkey to my attention, it is a beautiful set. However I already ordered some bezels from Airscale to recreate the instrument panel. Ā The idea behind this build is to keep aftermarket to the bare minimum and see how far I can get with just basic skills and little perseverance .......

look squirrel Ā :)

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Thank You gentlemen. appreciate your comments.

Mark, thank you for brining the Model Monkey to my attention, it is a beautiful set. However I already ordered some bezels from Airscale to recreate the instrument panel. Ā The idea behind this build is to keep aftermarket to the bare minimum and see how far I can get with just basic skills and little perseverance .......

look squirrel Ā :)

Understood, i'm doing that with the MI-4 build. I had planned to scratch build the cockpit on the Beau like you did, but after I saw this set, my figers overrode my brain and clicked the order button.

Maybe you can you the drawings to help you scratch build your cockpit details? Checkout the thread on LSP for details.

• Like 3

• 11 months later...

Hey MartinĀ 

Ā Just found some 1/32 British landing lights from brengun models, also air intake grills and gun site for Beaufighter on Ebay. I got started on mine, it's going to be alot of work getting this old war horse up to todays standards. Please show as many pictures of the wheel wells as possible, thats one area I'm going to need help on. Your doing great work so far.

Ron GĀ 

• Like 4

Hi Ron, Brengun makes some neat stuff, I am using their "tripod" lights assembly frames as well, but not just yet. First I have to close-up the fuselage and finish the general butchery :)Ā Like the pilot's seat for example :)

Ā 

92ec6a66ac6527c8723d7f62ad3575ea.jpg

Beaufighter-cockpit-SY-RWL-KOM.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Since my pesky dog ate the engine nacelles and one prop I lost my nerve and passing this project to Carl. :)Ā 
Ā 

all getting ready to fit the boxĀ 

CFCE0F56-0E93-4E20-BF40-B75AD9A611C4.thumb.jpeg.1d623b85d723f9ec5888e9125cfffdd0.jpeg
Ā 

perpetrator in her natural habitatĀ 

9DDD215F-4320-4714-949C-26789545F1EE.thumb.jpeg.afbd2e956958c7e5177ada56c0e7cbd6.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3