The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

RCAF Lanc 10MP. This really is a group effort

On 3/26/2019 at 3:54 PM, Clunkmeister said:

Carl, I have a Tamiya Spitty in my stash, so I'll check. Actually, I have one of each of the three versions, so hopefully I'll be good for three of the four engines. :)  I'll let you know, sir.

Sounds good Ernie. I have 8 sets here so enough for both of us. 

• Like 3

• Administrators

Well, a quick look found nothing really even close to being suitable. A pill bottle was to wide, so,.... let’s cast a cylinder in a pill bottle, use Pam to keep it from sticking (het, it works with my pancakes and vomlets, then get out the Drexel and start carving

13E2C37E-D380-4617-AC8F-FE51ECDE3D34.jpeg

• Like 3

• Administrators

Well, a bit more information searching finds that all postwar RCAF Lancs used block tread tires, not the wartime smoothies as the kit contains.

And there’s a scoop on the starboard side of the fuselage for cooling air. I expect for the electronics amidships...  no real issue there, I’ll carve one of those, but the wheels might be an issue..

Rear observer windows are not flat as I thought, but domed out.  Hmmm

• Like 4

On 3/29/2019 at 12:20 PM, Clunkmeister said:

Well, a quick look found nothing really even close to being suitable. A pill bottle was to wide, so,.... let’s cast a cylinder in a pill bottle, use Pam to keep it from sticking (het, it works with my pancakes and vomlets, then get out the Drexel and start carving

13E2C37E-D380-4617-AC8F-FE51ECDE3D34.jpeg

You will probably find it doesn't stick so much, if you put it inside rubber first.

And who's this Pam?

• Like 3

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Wumm said:

You will probably find it doesn't stick so much, if you put it inside rubber first.

And who's this Pam?

She don’t stick around to much...  you don’t know Pam was down there clinging to the earth so you don’t fall off?

• Like 3