The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

RCAF Lanc 10MP. This really is a group effort

• Administrators
1 hour ago, seiran01 said:

Some dayglo inspiration for ya Ern - Lanc 10DC air-to-air videos at 4:45 and 10:15.  I know yours won't be slinging Firebees, but it's the first video I've seen of Canadian Lancasters.

Mike, it was a real postwar workhorse. Drone controller, SAR bird, Maritime Patrol, ASW Patrol, photo mapping, etc.

FM104 shows as a rescue ship, but according to her history, she was mostly a Maritime Patrol ship. No drones from this one, though.

That video almost looks like Edwards. Definitely the Southwest.

• Like 4

On 4/27/2019 at 10:11 PM, Clunkmeister said:

Well, it certainly isn’t perfect, but it’s a start.  Through the Perspex, it’ll look the part, I suppose.

F3E0BF12-9337-48B2-8EAC-21B7F4E83060.jpeg

6267C3C4-4A62-439F-AC0F-C21B5E196764.jpeg

Those controls are identical, bang on! Great work Ernie.

Cheers

M.

• Like 6

• Administrators

I can't tell if that double wraps around to the other side or is a gusset below the turret, Jeff.  I think I almost see an upper edge, but then on the far side of the turret, there's a definite double skin there.

FYI, Mike Swinburne 3D printed me that scoop, and it's way, WAY better than the kit part.  The kit part almost seems too flat and featureless.  Mike's part has much more bulk to it and certainly is a much better representation of the real thing.

• Like 2

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Jeff said:

I will try to dig further...... but from the pics I have seen it is one piece each side...... although I could be mistaken....

Ok, that’s what I need. Two pieces total. One for each side, which is what I thought at first.  I was worried that is was one big wrap around over the top piece.

• Like 1