The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

:wub:............................................... sigh................................................

Jeff, you should get one if you can. They're usually less than $50 loonies shipped from China. Compared to what the Dragon ones go for these days, I'd say it's quite the value. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Jeff, you should get one if you can. They're usually less than $50 loonies shipped from China. Compared to what the Dragon ones go for these days, I'd say it's quite the value. 

I have a ton of Dragon kits and I agree with this. Between RFM, Meng, and Takom the Tiger and Panther lines are entering the new century.

Once momentum gains on other companies venturing into the smaller panzers and someone takes on the APCs/AFVs to a greater extent, Dragon will become as much a myth as a 'real' dragon.

• Like 5

I shot a clear coat onto the Jagdpanther and once that had dried for a day, I applied the decals. There's not many but they do have to go over the zimmerit. The kit ones are a bit stiff so I was a bit concerned. After application I pressed on them with a cloth dipped in hot water. This made a huge difference in their conformity. We'll see once they're dry.

IMG_20190617_215123-L.jpg

There's also a sneak peak at my next project in the above pic.

• Like 8

Nice camo job, the pattern looks great. Do you plan to blend the colors with a filter, or should the look be newish and stark in contrast?
From that angle of view it looks like you could store the Sherman on the backside of the big cat.

• Like 4

On 6/18/2019 at 4:52 AM, DocRob said:

Nice camo job, the pattern looks great. Do you plan to blend the colors with a filter, or should the look be newish and stark in contrast?
From that angle of view it looks like you could store the Sherman on the backside of the big cat.

I haven't tried using filters before but I will use a wash on it. Especially with the surface texture thanks to the zimmerit.

The Sherman isn't that small thankfully. 

• Like 4

I got a bit more done tonight. I sprayed a flat coat over the decals. Looks like they were able to confirm to the surface nicely. 

IMG_20190618_230528-L.jpg

I then installed the periscopes into the roof. The roof up to now wasn't glued, nor was the main gun. 

IMG_20190618_230552-L.jpg

IMG_20190618_231446-L.jpg

I then started the weathering process with an application of brown panel line wash. Once dry, I'll do some dry brushing. 

IMG_20190618_231926-L.jpg

• Like 8

On 6/20/2019 at 3:48 PM, Martinnfb said:

Really nice Carl, so nice in fact, that I just picked up Dragon's Jagdpanther :)

Thanks Martin! I always wanted to build the Dragon one when it first came out but never got around to getting one. Then the Meng kit came out and I decided to try it instead. 

On 6/20/2019 at 4:04 PM, harv said:

Oooo, I likey.......harv  :popcorn:

Thanks Harv!

• Like 3

I finally painted and added the tools to the Jagdpanther. 

IMG_20190623_190641-L.jpg

I couldn't get the tow cables to work for me. They're wire and I couldn't get them to fit suitably so I left them off for now. I gave the model a coat of weathering powders and with that, I'm calling it finished. 

IMG_20190623_190716-L.jpg

• Like 3

Looks lovely, Carl!  I like the orange box over the back.  I've never seen that before.

This post has got me thinking about wire cables.  I think the next time, I'm going to try to heat-bend and dry fit them before I add the plastic ends.  My last completed armor build was a T-34 and I had to leave the cable off, too.

GAz

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DocRob said:

Your Jagdpanther looks great, love the Zim and the camo scheme. Did he ate the Sherman? It looks like there are only some bogey wheels left.

Cheers Rob

Thanks Rob! He didn't eat the Sherman, just a love bite. :D

5 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Looks lovely, Carl!  I like the orange box over the back.  I've never seen that before.

This post has got me thinking about wire cables.  I think the next time, I'm going to try to heat-bend and dry fit them before I add the plastic ends.  My last completed armor build was a T-34 and I had to leave the cable off, too.

GAz

Thanks Gaz! The box is supposed to be the wooden jack box but the wood effect is a bit too orange. I might try to tone it down. 

I didn't think about annealing the wire until after I had glued on the ends like you did. Maybe next time. 

• Like 3