The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Spam

Clunkmeister

When I was in Desert Storm, I asked my father to send me a care package (which I paid for).  In it was a bottle of Listerine.  Some cookies, and thankfully a few tins of SPAM.  The whole gun crew was very happy to turn over their MRE crackers to be made in to SPAM sandwiches.  After four months of MRE's and hot meals that weren't much better than MRE's, everybody loved it.

I still buy a tin of it occasionally for fast, easy sandwiches.  Great with American Mustard!

Never Underestimate the SPAM!

Gaz

• Like 7

7 hours ago, GazzaS said:

When I was in Desert Storm, I asked my father to send me a care package (which I paid for).  In it was a bottle of Listerine.  Some cookies, and thankfully a few tins of SPAM.  The whole gun crew was very happy to turn over their MRE crackers to be made in to SPAM sandwiches.  After four months of MRE's and hot meals that weren't much better than MRE's, everybody loved it.

I still buy a tin of it occasionally for fast, easy sandwiches.  Great with American Mustard!

Never Underestimate the SPAM!

Gaz

I actually had it served in a field mess on more than one occasion. Not name brand Spam, but a chopped ham product. I love me a fried spam sandwich. Tries Spam Fried Rice someday...delish!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

That's funny! Not the barking bit, but the love for Spam and all its variations. We didn't have Spam growing up, instead it was called Klik. 

Can't recall enough if I truly liked it or it was just, lunch.

Anyways, I like haggis (even before the Scottish in-laws) so who am I to comment on people's tastes in food.

Carl

• Like 6

Spam is in the same league as Marmite : awful, unedible stuff, the taste of which can only be acquired by people who have also been educated in British boys’ boarding schools :) 

And this definitive judgment is from a man with impeccable food tastes, which include eating frog legs, snails, living oysters, andouillette (a typical French sausage made of pork tripes), sweetbreads, tête de veau (literally veal-head), pig trotters, and steak tartare ;)

Hubert

• Like 3

Ok, all this talk of food made me hungry so I threw this on a couple hours ago.

IMG_20190910_141453-L.jpg

It's half a brisket as there's no way I was going to get through 18lbs on my own. 

Here's where it stands now that I've got the boys back from school.

MVIMG_20190910_161235-L.jpg

Still has a couple hours to go. You're all welcome to come over and have some. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HubertB said:

Spam is in the same league as Marmite : awful, unedible stuff, the taste of which can only be acquired by people who have also been educated in British boys’ boarding schools :) 

And this definitive judgment is from a man with impeccable food tastes, which include eating frog legs, snails, living oysters, andouillette (a typical French sausage made of pork tripes), sweetbreads, tête de veau (literally veal-head), pig trotters, and steak tartare ;)

Hubert

Some people will eat anything!  I don’t see how adding some highbrow name to guts or animals the consistency of snot is considered fine quisine.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Ok, all this talk of food made me hungry so I threw this on a couple hours ago.

IMG_20190910_141453-L.jpg

It's half a brisket as there's no way I was going to get through 18lbs on my own. 

Here's where it stands now that I've got the boys back from school.

MVIMG_20190910_161235-L.jpg

Still has a couple hours to go. You're all welcome to come over and have some. 

I'm on my way Carl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Mikester said:

When weeding through the new member approvals., some spammers are obvious, some are not.  This POS slipped through the cracks, thanks for the diligence to keep these a-holes in check!

I figure it’s the least we can do. Most of us are here all the time.

Crazypoet found it and I squashed it.

It works pretty darn good. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

I figure it’s the least we can do. Most of us are here all the time.

Crazypoet found it and I squashed it.

It works pretty darn good. 

HUH.................. I must've missed something................... as usual :rolleyes:

• Like 3

15 hours ago, smitty44 said:

I actually had it served in a field mess on more than one occasion. Not name brand Spam, but a chopped ham product. I love me a fried spam sandwich. Tries Spam Fried Rice someday...delish!!

Nothing better than hot breakfast in the field!  Hot Spam, powdered eggs, tinned fried potatoes, cold toast, OJ in a waxed cardboard box, and the best hot  black coffee of your life!  Those were the days!

• Like 4