Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

HK's B-17 nose correction

Hey guys,

Been a while since I posted here, but I wanted to share my attempt at correcting the look of the B-17 around the windscreen/cockpit area. I haven't given up on my C model, as you can see, and I won't be progressing any further with this one for a while as I'll be moving overseas shortly, but I wanted to try a trial just to see if it could be done.....

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, even at this very rough stage!

Cheers,

Craig

MhQttkZ.jpg

V9DDxNy.jpg

8QCcrlp.jpg

HeNyMDe.jpg

FcPVq2M.jpg

Dni1I9F.jpg

jfyhskF.jpg

Cheers,

Craig

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Craig,

Awesome 3D work! Looking forward to updates.

31 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

I wonder if they revisited this nose niggle in their 1/48th new moulding to be released in October........

It appears they did. Here is a link to an image from the article referred to in a post about the 48th scale offering.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Eu0LRdLDw8k/XYYOWFAtKgI/AAAAAAACv9s/gVEALm4DlFoJypT4ZLtPWk2uR3nBQ1mwQCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/HK%2BModels%2BB-17G%2BEarly%2Bproduction%2B48th%2Bscale%2B%2811%29.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I'm not quite sure if that's a squirrel or not. My vote is no but it is Martin posting hence my uncertainty.:)

Looks like a gopher to me.................. picked up a few dead ones off the highway over the years........:rolleyes:

• Like 3

Hey guys,

Thanks for the interest. Initially I wasn't considering making this available but I may once I can check that it all works. As you can appreciate, it's not an easy or straight forward process to do this, so there's still a lot of work to do. In the mean time, here's the resin version....

GUrl9Ly.jpg

PsYSueW.jpg

Unfortunately, I'm not going to have much of a chance over the next 12 months or so to do much more, but keep a look out!

Cheers,

Craig

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello again! Further to my last post, having seen the 1\48 hk models B17 in the, er plastic at the IPMS Telford show, the 1\32nd bird REALLY needs your correction....it's rather like a flaw in a lady's face...Once you notice it, it's ALL you can see. In fact if I may be so bold, I'm fairly sure the way the whole upper deck joins the fuselage is a bit...off. It's a lot more subtle than the nose\windscreen issue, and I appreciate many won't be bothered. But God is in the detail...

Blue Skies!

Captain Boogaloo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1