The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

M4A3 76W HVSS

More work around the gunner and commanders station.  

I decided to remove the molded in wiring.  Also worked on the sidewall components.  Most are not glued in yet as I am still working on the wiring.  You can see some of the wiring starting at the bottom of the picture. Added details to the bottom of the turret control box.  You can see the connections on the actual photo.

Also added detail to the manual traverse handle.  

that is it for the week.  Not as productive as I would like to have been.

Tim

molded in wiring.jpg

components of the side wall added.jpg

R8235f0c2434d4877da99b6a23d34d36b.jpg

manual traverse handle.jpg

traverse mechanism.png

Manual traverse handle temp in place.jpg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Axeman said:

More work around the gunner and commanders station.  

I decided to remove the molded in wiring.  Also worked on the sidewall components.  Most are not glued in yet as I am still working on the wiring.  You can see some of the wiring starting at the bottom of the picture. Added details to the bottom of the turret control box.  You can see the connections on the actual photo.

Also added detail to the manual traverse handle.  

that is it for the week.  Not as productive as I would like to have been.

Tim

molded in wiring.jpg

components of the side wall added.jpg

R8235f0c2434d4877da99b6a23d34d36b.jpg

manual traverse handle.jpg

traverse mechanism.png

Manual traverse handle temp in place.jpg

Tim,

that‘s unbelievable what you are doing!

I‘m speechless! Simply Wow!

• Like 2

You have no idea (well maybe we all do) how many times I have visited the carpet monster. Thankfully some of the extra photoetch I have has multiple pieces   
speaking of tweezers I may need some new ones after this project    

Tim

• Like 6

Whilst it does not solve ALL issues, like small parts taking a ballistic trajectory to the other end of the universe, I have found that a jeweller’s apron has saved my knees many times, (as well as my head knocking on the desktop when crawling under it and battling with the carpet monster).

As I have no need to collect precious metal dust, mine is not in leather, but in ordinary fabric. Very high on my useful tools list, just behind the scalpels and tweezers.

Hubert

• Like 6

Still working on the turret interior.  Added detail to the elector motor for the traversing mechanism and the gunners hydraulic handle.

Side wall wiring continues.  Wiring is not glued to the control box.  It will be easier to paint the control box separately and then glue it to the wall.  Then I can glue the cables to it.

that is it for now.

Tim

updated side wall.jpg

gunner hydraulic line.jpg

Additional turret detail.jpg

• Like 9

14 hours ago, Axeman said:

Still working on the turret interior.  Added detail to the elector motor for the traversing mechanism and the gunners hydraulic handle.

Side wall wiring continues.  Wiring is not glued to the control box.  It will be easier to paint the control box separately and then glue it to the wall.  Then I can glue the cables to it.

that is it for now.

Tim

updated side wall.jpg

gunner hydraulic line.jpg

Additional turret detail.jpg

Great work Tim! Absolutely stunning what you are doing! Love it!

• Like 3

Thank you. Once I get the cabling done the I think I can start to paint some of the pieces. Painting the interior is making me nervous. Going to use AK Real colors off white. Seems to be a warmer white. 
Tim

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Axeman said:

Thank you. Once I get the cabling done the I think I can start to paint some of the pieces. Painting the interior is making me nervous. Going to use AK Real colors off white. Seems to be a warmer white. 
Tim

Good choice! That’s also the brand I use. Beautiful to work with. 

I think you don’t have to be nervous: when the painting only is as half as good as the scratchbuilding, it will still be gorgeous...

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

It has been a little while since I have been able to get to the bench.  Finally went to visit my mother (have not seen her in a year and a half), started running after work and then took some time and went on a mini-vacation.  The good thing about the vacation is that I cam across and M4A1 76mm HVSS, what luck.  Not an M4A3 but allows for some good pictures.  Below are few pictures of the Sherman.  Worked perfectly as I started on the suspension.  Put all 6 together and test fitted the wheels on one.  I plan on leaving the wheels off until after the base paint is applied.  I believe I will be able to put them on but will test prior to gluing.  

That is it for now.  Feels good to get back to the bench.

Tim

M4A1 76mm HVSS.jpg

HVSS side view.jpg

HVSS front view.jpg

HVSS suspension.jpg

HVSS suspension front view.jpg

HVSS suspension side view.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 months later...