The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Trumpeter SBD-5 finished

This is one of Trumpeter's better kits and builds up without a lot of headaches. I painted it with Testor's MM throughout with the Dark Sea Blue lightened just a bit. Decals are from Ventura Decals all the way from New Zealand. :) I decided to do it as a RNZAF a/c instead of the standard US Navy a/c just for something a little different. I hope y'all like it.

8-13-22 001.jpg

8-13-22 002.jpg

8-13-22 003.jpg

8-13-22 004.jpg

8-13-22 007.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Superb build especially after having to find a few unique workarounds the kit's shortcoming. Terrific choice for the markings and a nice touch with the weathering.

Thanks Peter. I'm pleased with the way it turned out. A little different from the "usual" LOL. :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Stunning John, love the subtle weathering, congrats……….what’s next on the bench for the maestro?……….

Thank you Phil. I'm waiting for decals for the Trumpeter F4U-4 to show up so I can finish that build. Seems like I'm always waiting for decals. LOL :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Spitfire said:

Nice one, I've heard good things about that kit which is nice as I have one in the stash.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Dennis. It's one of their better kits for sure. No real problems at all.:)

• Like 2

• Administrators

Beautiful build, John. Good go see you went with something different. I was planning an Army bird stationed in the Aleutians and possibly a Navy bird with an Atlantic scheme.

Now you just need the big Grumman Turkey and you’ll have all three. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

Beautiful build, John. Good go see you went with something different. I was planning an Army bird stationed in the Aleutians and possibly a Navy bird with an Atlantic scheme.

Now you just need the big Grumman Turkey and you’ll have all three. 

Thanks Ernie! It's good to do something a little different from time to time. By the way, I've done their TBM. :)

9-3-18 002.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

A lovely looking Dauntless. You need a RNZAF Corsair to go with it now if you haven't done one already.

Carl

Thank you Dennis. That is under consideration. :)

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, DocRob said:

Your Dauntless is a true beauty and I really like the finish you achieved. I have some Ventura decals for RNZAF birds as well, good to see, that they work.

Cheers Rob

Thank you Rob. Those decals are really nice but very thin and delicate. Be very careful when you use them. :)

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Almost completely missed out on your build John, what a beauty. RNZAF are amongst my favourite, well done. 

cheers

Martin 

Thanks Martin, I'm glad you like it. :)

• Like 3