The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Fundecals.... any good?

GazzaS

They're very well researched, have good instructions that you can often download from their website. The decals themselves are printed by Cartograf. 

I've used them on a few builds now and haven't had any issues. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Isn’t this the guy from LSP, always had an opinion on everything? I maybe mistaken…….

I think so. He left in a huff from what I remember and got them to erase everything he'd posted. Never used their stuff myself but I've heard good feedback from a couple of friends who have.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Isn’t this the guy from LSP, always had an opinion on everything? I maybe mistaken…….

Yup, it's Mr Helig. He's very good in his research and whatnot but is not always the best people person. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

Unfortunately YES. 😠 He and I had some "disagreements" which was a contributing factor to my leaving there. I hate to say it but the decals are very good. Can't say the same about that guy.

• Like 5

I've used a few of his decals and +1 on the quality and research.  Also met him a few times and in person he was ok with me, but I could see where he could and would be ascerbic.  Online, could be a real terror - hence getting banned from nearly every online platform he's joined.

• Like 5

It used to amaze me how rude and obnoxious he was and got away with it on LSP. I moved away from that forum several times due to the toxic posts, most of which he was involved with.  I wouldn't, out of principle, buy his stuff and line his pockets with my money regardless of quality of the product.  

• Like 5

Does Jennings own Fundekals or just do some contracting work for them?  Their website has nothing about the owners, location, etc..

As caustic as he comes off as, he really does seem know his stuff.  Well, to a point.  Then there’s just his opinion becoming absolutes. His main profession is a CRNA like my wife.  I fully understand his personality.  It seems that the “passing gas” profession requires a very knowledgeable personality and they are the one person that can and will shut down a surgeon right there and then on the spot in an OR.  It takes a strong person to tell a surgeon “No, this ain’t happening today.”  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ScottsGT said:

Does Jennings own Fundekals or just do some contracting work for them?  Their website has nothing about the owners, location, etc..

As caustic as he comes off as, he really does seem know his stuff.  Well, to a point.  Then there’s just his opinion becoming absolutes. His main profession is a CRNA like my wife.  I fully understand his personality.  It seems that the “passing gas” profession requires a very knowledgeable personality and they are the one person that can and will shut down a surgeon right there and then on the spot in an OR.  It takes a strong person to tell a surgeon “No, this ain’t happening today.”  

Scott, I'm pretty sure he owned/owns Fundekals with at least one partner (maybe).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

5 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Great quality, meticulously researched decals. Highly recommended .

4 hours ago, CANicoll said:

Scott, I'm pretty sure he owned/owns Fundekals with at least one partner (maybe).

CRNA was a reconversion from a former military job. I remember well him mentioning his newly-attributed diploma on LSP.

And, he was his obnioxous, agressive, arrogant, confrontational, self a looooong time before his CRNA reconversion, on LSP, LSM, or other forums …

My understanding was that Fündecals was a JV with a partner. And I agree this is THE area where he showed his knowledge, meticulousness and attention to detail, to produce great products.

Mind you, maybe he is (hopefully) a good and charming, besides competent, CRNA. I certainly hope so, for his patients.

Hubert

• Like 6

I do recall paging my way through his 10,000 posts ...not a single build thread , RFI or even picture of anything he had built . Complete waste of space being on any modelling forum ...could have happily trolled the Western Arkansas New Knitting forum for as much skin he had in the game . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2