Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

1 hour ago, GazzaS said:

Where would you go to even find them?  Never seen them advertised.

Pickles Auctions Gazza...

You see them come up from time to time. A few ending tomorrow even, they're a bit long in the tooth but some have less than 20K's on the clock.

https://www.pickles.com.au/optimisedsearch/-/optimisedsearch/afm#!/result?q=All.keyword(Landrover).

S

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Wumm said:

Pickles Auctions Gazza...

You see them come up from time to time. A few ending tomorrow even, they're a bit long in the tooth but some have less than 20K's on the clock.

https://www.pickles.com.au/optimisedsearch/-/optimisedsearch/afm#!/result?q=All.keyword(Landrover).

S

Do they ship to Canada and does it come in black ? :)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Do they ship to Canada and does it come in black ? :)

Quite possibly...

One free in the back of a C-17, with every Legacy Hornet purchase!

• Like 5

Holy , I mean Holy Roller......!!  Not sure he is the right guy for a 'Canadian ' truck driver, more like the guy in the Italeri Accessory kit... the fat guy in the cowboy hat is closer to the real deal !! :rofl::rolleyes:

124_Truck_Accessories_IT720_74226.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Holy , I mean Holy Roller......!!  Not sure he is the right guy for a 'Canadian ' truck driver, more like the guy in the Italeri Accessory kit... the fat guy in the cowboy hat is closer to the real deal !! :rofl::rolleyes:

What about the “babe”................please remember this is a family show............:rolleyes:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

What about the “babe”................please remember this is a family show............:rolleyes:

Sigh,  I was wondering what the back of the box looked like! :icon_eek:

• Like 3

After my recent Wingnut Wings acquisitions, I tried to convince myself to a little time of new kit abstinence. Didn't work out and with the help of Ernie's excellent WIP, I had no choice ;).

IMG_7107.thumb.JPG.9dae599d0b83655f5675ff066c1f94ac.JPG

• Like 9

Guest DannyVM
16 hours ago, Jeff said:

Holy , I mean Holy Roller......!!  Not sure he is the right guy for a 'Canadian ' truck driver, more like the guy in the Italeri Accessory kit... the fat guy in the cowboy hat is closer to the real deal !!

Well Jeff, that's the same guy but back in the seventy's:lol: he looked much cooler back in these day's i have to admit :D

14 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

What about the “babe”................please remember this is a family show...........

I bought the soft version Phil.........:rtfm: the xxx version isn't allowed....:censored:

13 hours ago, Ryan said:

Sigh,  I was wondering what the back of the box looked like!

More beautiful thing's :spam:

I am anything but a prude, but I have to say that, with this stance,  « Mindy » looks like the only long haul relationship she is likely to develop is with her pimp ...

Just my :2c:, of course :D

Hubert

• Like 5

Guest DannyVM
11 hours ago, HubertB said:

I am anything but a prude, but I have to say that, with this stance,  « Mindy » looks like the only long haul relationship she is likely to develop is with her pimp ...

Just my :2c:, of course :D

Hubert

Hihihi Hubert, don't worry, your not the only one who's thought's go that way. @ the moment i'm searching for the mature aftermarket set, but without any luck to find it.....:lol::lol::wtf:

2 hours ago, HubertB said:

You're right. I *might* be tempted, just out of sheer curiosity, of course ...

Sure, and naturally out of scientific reasoning only, I'm sure :D, that's at least, what I tell my wife in this kind of situation. I'm not that deep  into this trucker and babes thing, but maybe this is because I don't own a truck ;).

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

Guest DannyVM

To be honest guy's, i see it as a great opportunity to use them for my rusted painting skills, so i can make it to a higher level.:raincloud::rofl:

Been on a buying binge... I had forgot I ordered this...

DSCN2359-1.jpg

DSCN2360-1.jpg\

It's the bombardier's nose blister for my Dambuster Lanc. Needs a little polishing, but it's very nicely done.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

What you guys usually use for polishing?

P21S Alu-Polish :D, yesterday I received the ordered paste and spent five hours polishing my turntable, which started to look a little ugly, with humidity and hints of salt in the air. Hand polishing for hours in a heat wave, man I was exhausted. I have to make a second session, to get it right, but had no more power left yesterday.
The paste worked better than expected. OT-end, just being a little sensitive to polishing lately ;)

IMG_7131.thumb.JPG.5dfbd323faa3a2e4eeef4083c458c5da.JPG

Back to topic, sometimes, it is not necessary to polish at all. The part Bill has shown might only need a dip into Future to enhance clarity, which I generally do with clear parts.
If polishing is necessary, because of a scratch or a seam, my method depends on how much material has to be removed. a protruding seam, I remove carefully scratching with a blade and start to grind carefully with my Albion pads from coarse to fine. If further polishing is needed, I use my micro drill with a soft cotton disc and some fine polishing paste by Tamiya.
If I can get away without polishing the last step, I do, because it's so easy that lets say a canopy is caught by the cotton disc and sent airborne or I crack the brittle stuff while holding.
A coat of Future is preferable here too and often sufficent. The benefit here is that besides enhancing clarity, you can glue e.g. PE parts or frames with CA, without the risk of fogging.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3