The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Good luck Rog! Hope you can get it worked out. 

Great call on the HK Lanc too. If you know which plane you're building, you may want to look at the Iconicair nose blister. It's the larger nose blister but without the holes that the kit one has. 

Carl

1 hour ago, harv said:

Good luck Rog....harv

Thanks for the well wishes and support guys!!

Carl ... Yeah I have the HKM Dambuster already - I figured the aircraft were new so no oil canning present on the chastise mission ... I was just waiting on the final market-ready rendition of the WNW Lanc' and the pricing before I made up my mind ... at least Neil might get a solid kick up in sales! - I hope so anyway.

Yep ... as soon as I have sorted another few financial bits and pieces I have to invest in a bunch of Iconicair goodies ... and also some crew!!

Rog :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Yeah I have the HKM Dambuster already - I figured the aircraft were new so no oil canning present on the chastise mission 

Rog, try to find the Red Kite book on the Dambusters Lancs.

IMG_20200517_000843.thumb.jpg.86a30389a1ebae86e2cfb378825abe0d.jpg

It's got some great 3D images of the plane. It came out in 2018 so hopefully isn't hard to find if you don't have it already. 

Carl

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Rog, try to find the Red Kite book on the Dambusters Lancs.

It's got some great 3D images of the plane. It came out in 2018 so hopefully isn't hard to find if you don't have it already. 

Carl

Way ahead of you Carl ;)

MdK1B2A.jpg

Arrived early September last year ... about the same time as the kit, I believe!

What's the car there? ... Looks like it might be an R32 from the shape of the flared guards and front end??

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Artful69 said:

What's the car there? ... Looks like it might be an R32 from the shape of the flared guards and front end??

Yup, R32 GT-R. It's the Fujimi 1/12 kit that was reissued a couple years ago. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Went to my LHS today. They're open for curbside pickup so I did just that. I caved to Ernie's subtle persuasions and picked up the Ki-45. 

Going to have to build it with the big nose gun. 

Carl

Twisted your rubber arm did he?? :lol:

He was right though - sweet kit!! ... I'm gonna have to watch it - I'm becoming a ZM Fanboy!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Twisted your rubber arm did he?? :lol:

He was right though - sweet kit!! ... I'm gonna have to watch it - I'm becoming a ZM Fanboy!

He did indeed. Didn't help that I had a bit of disposable cash, the LHS had it in stock and the price was right. 

They are nice kits. I've got the He219 back on the bench as of last night so will be getting back to that one. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Not much into pre-assembled kits, but I'll make an exception. The smile wont come off my face!

Nice, I got mine three month ago and believe me I know about the smile :D. You got the new JL, very tempting, but I went for the very last JK edition. Seems we both skipped the Meng offering, though.

Cheers Rob

IMG_6880.thumb.JPG.c8acb8a273d589b1b65eb209315a9f43.JPG

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, DocRob said:

Nice, I got mine three month ago and believe me I know about the smile :D. You got the new JL, very tempting, but I went for the very last JK edition. Seems we both skipped the Meng offering, though.

Cheers Rob

IMG_6880.thumb.JPG.c8acb8a273d589b1b65eb209315a9f43.JPG

My son has the new JL Unlimited very much like this one. It's got the Turbo four cylinder in it and it feels just like the 6cly version!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

My son has the new JL Unlimited very much like this one. It's got the Turbo four cylinder in it and it feels just like the 6cly version!

Family business then :D, mine has a 2,8 liter Diesel engine, with enough torque for our steep mountains. We have different engines here in Europe than the US Jeeps.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

What’s wrong with a Landrover ...........:sofa:

When someone says Landover to me, I think of a Series III Defender. Those in Canada are a premium vehicle and are at least 15 years old so it can be imported. 

A friend has a 110 two door and somehow we once got 8 of us with our mountain bikes all inside it. At least the drive was short. 

Carl

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Wumm said:

Army surplus Lando...

IMG_20200519_073251.thumb.jpg.c6bc39aa20e442d849cbaf6e9c931d22.jpg

Just leave 'em in the camo. Plenty on the roads here.

Where would you go to even find them?  Never seen them advertised.

• Like 4