Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

2 hours ago, harv said:

Martin, very interested in this. Please post your build....harv

WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP!

WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP! WIP!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Straight from the Peoples Republika of Lithuania: 

27512_rd.jpg

I just happened to discover it on Ebay while looking for 1/48 scale figures.  It was 20 bucks cheaper including postage than retail price here in Australia.  I wish ICM would give us half Swastikas or something.  I can paint them with masks I make, but the white edging is very fine and often requires touch up.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, GazzaS said:

just happened to discover it on Ebay while looking for 1/48 scale figures.  It was 20 bucks cheaper including postage than retail price here in Australia.  I wish ICM would give us half Swastikas or something.  I can paint them with masks I make, but the white edging is very fine and often requires touch up.

Please do a WIP, good catch……

• Like 3

16 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Straight from the Peoples Republika of Lithuania: 

27512_rd.jpg

I just happened to discover it on Ebay while looking for 1/48 scale figures.  It was 20 bucks cheaper including postage than retail price here in Australia.  I wish ICM would give us half Swastikas or something.  I can paint them with masks I make, but the white edging is very fine and often requires touch up.

Gaz

Nice find

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 2

On 11/10/2021 at 9:44 PM, smitty44 said:

A while back I shot an email off to the folks over at Reskit. Wanting to build an early F-14, I knew that the Aires F-14 burner cans were too small for the Trumpy kit. A  big glaring aftermarket  need. They replied with a " we will absolutely do some" and now finally they have been released. What a great company! Mine are enroute now.

20211110_183614.jpg

20211110_183627.jpg

Smitty

Nice choice of a kit and love those Wolfack markings; high vis of course. and looking forward to following your progress.. I have a nice collection of Tamiya 1/48 F-14's in the stash and will be building my second one very shortly. 

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 4

What did I just get ?

The flu !

After having missed the 2020 window thanks to social distancing and hygiene measures, I believe the flu virus came back with a vengeance this year ! It’s a nasty one, and with many of the symptoms of Covid-19 on top of it. I have felt truly miserable all week, but Patricia fared much worse, to the point of ending in hospital yesterday :( … And, of course, given the symptoms, we had to follow the Covid-19 circuit, until tested negative. She was actually the worse off of all the people in the Covid-19 emergency ward of the regional hospital …

So, my advice is to get the flu jab asap : we have had no time to organise it before being hit. Another « gift » from a one-week stay in France …

Hubert

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

Hubert

So sorry to hear that both your wife and yourself have come down with the flu - this year it's seems to be a very miserable strands. This week, my wife and I are going to get both the flu and covid booster shoots. And yesterday, I just heard there is another mutation of the covid virus in South Aftrica 😒

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear about that Hubert. Glad to hear you're both getting better. 

There's too many vulnerable folks in either mine or Sue's extended family for us to skip out on the flu shot every year. 

I ended up getting the flu shot, shingles, pneumonia and my Covid booster shot within a couple weeks of each other earlier in the month. My arms were sore especially after the shingles shot but not as much as it was from the IV when I had my heart scare right after.

Carl

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Damn Guys, stop getting sick ok? :)

I went through similar story like Hubert, was thinking about getting flu shot and boom, out like a light for a week. 

anyway, my contribution to the upcoming Marine Group Buíd. :)

9BC5011B-8426-41DD-9726-D65AEEF9FCA2.jpeg

I keep looking at the Meng version of that kit which comes with the dozer blade. 

Like Phil said, where's the GB?

3 hours ago, harv said:

Came while gone....harv

20211201_142642.jpg

I think Harv is going to do a P-47 soon. Bubbletop or razorback?

• Like 2