Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

I give up with evil bay, twice now an item has been on auction for 5 days, I spot it with 15 minutes to go. Zero bids on it, I make a bid.........remember zero bids up till mine........out bid in the last 5 seconds.........eBay can go and put there site where........I will not finish that statement....

well done for snagging the Panther.......

• Like 3

Guest DannyVM
On 10/7/2018 at 11:38 AM, Bomber_County said:

Good haul Danny........

Thank's Phil, at the moment i'm looking for space to store the big Trumpeter A-6A box.:hsmack:

On 10/7/2018 at 3:40 PM, harv said:

Talk about hands full Danny, this bunch will keep you busy !.......Harv

The Intruder will be a long term project, with all the extra's i'm planning. The Italeri F-16 is a commission build, the Red Baron, well i just wanted that one for my own mood :151_41_44_712.06380630013627764 and both book's......let's say i need them.

23 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

That’s about five years for me...........

Five years Phil, that's a short time, i was thinking in terms of a life time.....:wtf:

• 2 weeks later...

Carl.................... looks like Harv has good taste...................................... I'll catch the next available flight and drop by for a snort.................... of 'Airbrush Cleaner '.....................:rofl:

• Like 4

On 10/18/2018 at 8:00 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

Jeff, Harv certainly does know his airbrush cleaner. 

When ever you're up in Toronto, let me know and we can compare vintages. 

Carl

Roger that Carl, with luck it should be one day soon,  my son and daughter in law are stationed in Ottawa ( Oddawa?) so a top over maybe in the cards...:wine:

• Like 2

Even though there's a postal strike here in Canada, these arrived o e the last couple of days. 

First up is the last big gunned Sherman tank.

IMG_20181025_211638-L.jpg

I got this for a good price so i was happy.

IMG_20181025_211659-L.jpg

Another one for Ernie...

IMG_20181025_211723-L.jpg

Lastly, with the possibility of a Privateer conversion coming out for the forthcoming HB B-24J, I thought this would be a good primer.

IMG_20181025_211742-L.jpg

Carl

• Like 3

Guest DannyVM

Went yesterday to the Ciney militaria fair. I've seen some great stuff over there, and came with this home :

French Gueneau 316 helmet with MBU-5/P oxygen mask in a German configuration.

xkLf5jFl.jpg

ro9FMwvl.jpg

bfZCp39l.jpg

siLBGAdl.jpg

FatEYH2l.jpg

kBVHzRMl.jpg

Greetz

Danny

• Administrators
On 10/27/2018 at 1:34 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

Even though there's a postal strike here in Canada, these arrived o e the last couple of days. 

Another one for Ernie...

Lastly, with the possibility of a Privateer conversion coming out for the forthcoming HB B-24J, I thought this would be a good primer.

Carl

Oh boy!

Carl, nice haul!  The Clunk book of coursevget’s me all a’twitter, but the big patrol bomber lights my fire. The Privateer is, to me, the ultimate B-24 development that ultimately served the longest, and is ohhhhh so very cool. 

Yeah, there’s a very loud vocal minority who say that the PB4J-2 is THE version that should be kitted. 

• Like 2

On 10/27/2018 at 7:34 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

Another one for Ernie...

Carl

How good is the « Canadian Pofile » book on the Canuck ? Have you any pics of the inside pages you could share ?

Hubert

• Like 4

• Administrators
On 10/29/2018 at 11:05 AM, HubertB said:

How good is the « Canadian Pofile » book on the Canuck ? Have you any pics of the inside pges you could share ?

Hubert

I’ve yet to find the definitive CF-100 reference book, and I have plenty of books on the subject.   Really good 3 views, cross sections, systems drawings, internal pictures, etc, are difficult to find. The shape looks asic enough, but the swoops and curves around the engines where they join the fuselage and meet the wings are a nightmare to get right.  

• Like 3