The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

recievd today the plan whas it would be deliverd on monday so 3 days early

My new 3d printer.

438209143_1192655568763628_6497867913301406791_n.thumb.jpg.70342d8d570fda1fb02bf819b0234b33.jpg

438204597_1075182520215256_8784025505211447841_n.thumb.jpg.5dc4ff9a973665a6a3f1918517e774ca.jpg

Now going for some test prints to find the right settings.

Mark

• Like 8

A couple of days to reset the body clock after flying home from two weeks of night shift - and I made the trip down to the post office to collect a few orders that have arrived ...

EPWJ25q.jpg

Firstly ... this small box ...

d5mtw4D.jpg

Contained an even smaller item ...

zV0Sxv3.jpg

A replacement for a missing part of my Meng 1/12 McLaren MP4/4 kit ... Well done Meng!

Next box ... From NZ ...

hUG2eLL.jpg

Kotare had a sale on via their webpage and - given the discount, a more favourable AUD/USD exchange rate at the time and decent shipping charges ...

I decided to grab a few Spitfires ... because, as everyone knows, you can never have enough quality Spitfires, Hurricanes, 109's and 190's in the stash.

Seriously though, including the shipping charges, I saved about $30-40 AUD per kit over the standard Australian retail pricing ... 

ECskP5p.jpg

Next up was this large box from Sydney ...

o3w3HnW.jpg

Which contained the latest edition of the superb HKM A-20 Kit ...

IqfIevr.jpg

I cannot stress enough how much this kit has jumped in design quality from previous HKM kits. If everything they produce in the future has this level of quality to it, it will be a whole new era for HKM ... Congrats to Neil and his team for this work of art!!

Next up was this box from BNA ...

HNhnglc.jpg

Which contained another great second edition kit ... This time an earlier variant of Gecko models excellent 1/16 Panzer II ...

AK19wGQ.jpg

... And ... while shopping for this - I decided to grab some metal barrels for both kits. They didn't have the correct MG.34 barrel around ...

BUT ... they did have the main armament via an Aber part.

D4b2EGA.jpg

It's just a pity that the 1/16 kits don't usually come with a standard figure or two ... It does seem like the 1/16 figure market IS expanding though ... 

I have to think that Andy's Modeling Headquarters is somewhat responsible for the surge in product sales ...

I'd love to see an early war panzer III (37mm main with twin MG.34's in the turret) and Panzer IV (Short 75mm 'stump') make it into big scale.

Rog :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Rog, I’m green with envy over that A-20.  I’ve been patiently waiting for it to arrive here in the states.  Super Hobby in Poland has it in stock as well.   

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Artful69 said:

A couple of days to reset the body clock after flying home from two weeks of night shift - and I made the trip down to the post office to collect a few orders that have arrived ...

EPWJ25q.jpg

d5mtw4D.jpg

zV0Sxv3.jpg

A replacement for a missing part of my Meng 1/12 McLaren MP4/4 kit ... Well done Meng!

Next box ... From NZ ...

hUG2eLL.jpg

Kotare had a sale on via their webpage and - given the discount, a more favourable AUD/USD exchange rate at the time and decent shipping charges ...

I decided to grab a few Spitfires ... because, as everyone knows, you can never have enough quality Spitfires, Hurricanes, 109's and 190's in the stash.

Seriously though, including the shipping charges, I saved about $30-40 AUD per kit over the standard Australian retail pricing ... 

ECskP5p.jpg

o3w3HnW.jpg

IqfIevr.jpg

I cannot stress enough how much this kit has jumped in design quality from previous HKM kits. If everything they produce in the future has this level of quality to it, it will be a whole new era for HKM ... Congrats to Neil and his team for this work of art!!

HNhnglc.jpg

Which contained another great second edition kit ... This time an earlier variant of Gecko models excellent 1/16 Panzer II ...

AK19wGQ.jpg

... And ... while shopping for this - I decided to grab some metal barrels for both kits. They didn't have the correct MG.34 barrel around ...

D4b2EGA.jpg

It's just a pity that the 1/16 kits don't usually come with a standard figure or two ... It does seem like the 1/16 figure market IS expanding though ... 

I have to think that Andy's Modeling Headquarters is somewhat responsible for the surge in product sales ...

I'd love to see an early war panzer III (37mm main with twin MG.34's in the turret) and Panzer IV (Short 75mm 'stump') make it into big scale.

Glad that you got your missing part🙂

• Like 2

I went to local truck show. Got this kit from older gentleman. Paid 10€. New condition. Both were happy with the price.

IMG_20240504_173701852_HDR.thumb.jpg.9f6d19371c16d4c8f036951c5a482a8c.jpg

This was my favourite at the show. My fellow modelers from USA please tell me more info about this👍

IMG_20240504_093358120.thumb.jpg.8c8f905e722cfced6f40167b02241773.jpg

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Artful69 said:

EPWJ25q.jpg

d5mtw4D.jpg

zV0Sxv3.jpg

Next box ... From NZ ...

hUG2eLL.jpg

ECskP5p.jpg

o3w3HnW.jpg

IqfIevr.jpg

HNhnglc.jpg

AK19wGQ.jpg

D4b2EGA.jpg

Holy Cow, what a haul!

I also have the big Gecko Panzer II, but the Africa version. Didn't know

about the Aber barrels though.

• Like 1

Some F-14 bits and a detail set for the Takom USMC  M60 with the ERA armour. 

PXL_20240503_234745006.thumb.jpg.b20392d824adbf95b5a066bfe35c0099.jpg

Plus decals for a Tamiya F-14B. 

PXL_20240503_234756070.thumb.jpg.15f2f4d119442a8f3209c06bc2b237c1.jpg

The plan is to use the Santa Cat markings as I have a Reskit deck figure in a Santa suit. 

• Like 7

13 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Some F-14 bits and a detail set for the Takom USMC  M60 with the ERA armour. 

PXL_20240503_234745006.thumb.jpg.b20392d824adbf95b5a066bfe35c0099.jpg

Plus decals for a Tamiya F-14B. 

PXL_20240503_234756070.thumb.jpg.15f2f4d119442a8f3209c06bc2b237c1.jpg

The plan is to use the Santa Cat markings as I have a Reskit deck figure in a Santa suit. 

Nice haul Carl, how’s that tidy desk mantra going……..just saying…..😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

As im looking at your beautiful purchases I’m realizing how often I prefer multiples just because I forget that I already have it. :)

I do the exact same thing. I've tried different approaches to try and not duplicate (or worse!) myself. B-25 stuff still haunts me it seems.

I was putting away the Tomcat stuff and noticed I have 1 too many interior sets. I have 2 D kits, 1 with a Quinta set, the other, a Red Fox one. Except one of those D kits  is getting converted to a B which uses a late A cockpit. So I'll see how best to sort this out. 

• Like 2

Today an item from Dspiae.....

It's their; Reciprocating Sander ES-A.

Kind of a impulse buy, I thought it would be fun to try out.

It looks good; well packaged, having a nice case, and seems to be well-made. It comes with eight sanding heads to which you attach pre-cut self

adhesive sand paper that is included and a usb c cord. It has three sanding

speeds. While I don't think this will replace sanding sticks, I think it will

useful...... We'll see.

DSCN1615_kindlephoto-15098988.jpg

DSCN1614_kindlephoto-15163809.jpg

DSCN1617_kindlephoto-15218652.jpg

DSCN1620_kindlephoto-16356491.jpg

• Like 5

8 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

Today an item from Dspiae.....

It's their; Reciprocating Sander ES-A.

Kind of a impulse buy, I thought it would be fun to try out.

It looks good; well packaged, having a nice case, and seems to be well-made. It comes with eight sanding heads to which you attach pre-cut self

adhesive sand paper that is included and a usb c cord. It has three sanding

speeds. While I don't think this will replace sanding sticks, I think it will

useful...... We'll see.

DSCN1615_kindlephoto-15098988.jpg

DSCN1614_kindlephoto-15163809.jpg

DSCN1617_kindlephoto-15218652.jpg

DSCN1620_kindlephoto-16356491.jpg

Now you can do your dentalwork at home 😄

• Like 4

On 5/4/2024 at 10:49 AM, FullArmor said:

I went to local truck show. Got this kit from older gentleman. Paid 10€. New condition. Both were happy with the price.

IMG_20240504_173701852_HDR.thumb.jpg.9f6d19371c16d4c8f036951c5a482a8c.jpg

This was my favourite at the show. My fellow modelers from USA please tell me more info about this👍

IMG_20240504_093358120.thumb.jpg.8c8f905e722cfced6f40167b02241773.jpg

That’s an old one!  You know the old saying….”Old truckers never die. They just get a new Peterbilt”

• Like 5

Our visit of Mayan pyramids wasn’t as exciting as one would expect. Lots of junk laying around the tomb :)

* The Green Stuff World glue

IMG_3467.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Another box arrived at the post office the day before fly out ... Since I had to head down to Ravenswood to check the block I called in to collect it on the way back.

4jBat91.jpg

The latest ZM 1/48 Phantom II ... the Late E :)

3Ccm2mH.jpg

I already pre-ordered two Fw-190A-4's and after the salary goes through tomorrow I'll pre-order the latest Skyraider kit ... They must be good sellers - I have the 1st two ... then the limited edition ones (with weapons sets included in-box) ... now there's this latest one to get!

• Like 6

18 hours ago, mark31 said:

I think all parts are here for the next build.

20240506_180838.thumb.jpg.41c169fd888ba0b0614ae3dfa2777220.jpg

Mark

I'm already front and center and waiting - the Thud is going to be an awesome build. 

:popcorn: 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Artful69 said:

Another box arrived at the post office the day before fly out ... Since I had to head down to Ravenswood to check the block I called in to collect it on the way back.

4jBat91.jpg

The latest ZM 1/48 Phantom II ... the Late E :)

3Ccm2mH.jpg

I already pre-ordered two Fw-190A-4's and after the salary goes through tomorrow I'll pre-order the latest Skyraider kit ... They must be good sellers - I have the 1st two ... then the limited edition ones (with weapons sets included in-box) ... now there's this latest one to get!

I always loved that paint scheme. I did the old Hasegawa boxing in 1/48 when it first came out and even bought the Revell 1/32 one just for the decals. I'll have to get the ZM one when it hits the LHS.

• Like 5

I just got a small order in from BNA of items for my F-15DJ Kai build. 

Eduard PE for the cockpit. I'm using the F-35 set to update the cockpit a bit. It'll take a bit of tweaking to the IPs to make it fit but it should work nicely. 

The AIM-9X missiles likewise update the armament a bit. Of course Reskit has just announced some AAM-3 missiles which would have been even more appropriate so I may get those instead. 

PXL_20240507_010719666.jpg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Mark

I'm already front and center and waiting - the Thud is going to be an awesome build. 

:popcorn: 

Will start in a few days

Mark

• Like 2