The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

B-25J "Fatso"

7 hours ago, 1to1scale said:

Exciting to see, I have not seen anyone finish one of these for a while. 

I most certainly will.  I thought this would be a bit of a drag on my mojo because it's so big.  However,  I thoroughly enjoy working on it and I am very excited to see it done in the future. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Wings are glued together now.  I've started sanding and cleaning them up, but it'll be a big project restoring the rivets and panel lines.  When I can get to the store for paint, I'll get back to work on the interior. 

20181213_125418.jpg

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

It lives! I've been hammered by work and life,  along with trying to knock out a few other builds.  I spent today working on the interior some more. The tail gunners position is all wrapped up and I started lining up the waste guns.  A bit more painting on the interior and then I'll close up the fuselage. 

20190203_153940.jpg

20190203_153923.jpg

• Like 8

Thanks guys. I glued the fuselage halves together today and set her up on her own legs to see what I'm working with.  It feels great getting the fuselage closed up. I also started working on turning the brass barrels into something more realistic looking. 

20190210_130426.jpg

20190210_130445.jpg

• Like 5

Just now, Martinnfb said:

Looking good Tony, this is probably the fastest B-25 build ever :)

Cheers

M.

Thanks Martin.  The interior is very basic, but I just felt that most of it wont be seen and rather spend my time focusing on the exterior. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DocRob said:

Looking good, did you use burnishing fluid for the barrels? That's my usual weapon of choice, no details lost, due to paint thickness and nice matte blackbrown finish.

Cheers Rob

I use gun blueing on mine.......harv

• Like 1