The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Ju 88 fever, I think it's goin' around...

Mikester

• Members

So going through my stash I've determined that I'm going to have to have some big ass display cases when I retire!

Seven Ju 88s in the stash (one in progress as a G-6 conversion).

Two Aims G-6 conversion sets (one in progress), one AIMS G-1 conversion set, one AIMS C-6 conversion set.  Le'Arsenal A-5 conversion set, two CMK C-2 conversion sets, Profimodeller nose mounted MG FF conversion set.   

That doesn't cover everything, would still like to a D and an R and a torpedo bomber variant plus a few more that I'm sure I'm forgetting.  On the plus side the wings fit snugly on the spars without glue so they can be stored away in a reasonably small space after assembly.  Two 111s in the stash too, but that's another story. ;)

• Like 6

MIke

Yikes, you're going to need a small hanger with glass doors! My glass display case is 20 inches deep, 6ft tall and 4 ft wide and  it's a snug fit for my Mossie. I bought the same display case as Brian and his B-25 is a about as bit as this size display case will accommodate.

Peter

• Like 2

• Members
14 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

MIke

Yikes, you're going to need a small hanger with glass doors! My glass display case is 20 inches deep, 6ft tall and 4 ft wide and  it's a snug fit for my Mossie. I bought the same display case as Brian and his B-25 is a about as bit as this size display case will accommodate.

Peter

I've been on the lookout for the big commercial retail display cases.  Sometimes you can pick them up reasonably cheap at going out of business sales.  Eventual plan when I retire is to have custom built in display cases that will accommodate the larger stuff.

• Like 3

MIkew

Custom built is expensive but by far the best way as you will have what you want and won't have to settle. I started out looking for used display cases but they are hard to find and unless they are local, shipping is a nightmare. I gave up and bought mine from a company in Texas and shipping to New York was very expensive, a few parts were damaged in shipping and had to be replaced and of course, I had to assemble it.

Peter

• Like 1

Here's what I have for 1/32 stuff in the stash:

14 kits of the Ju 88A-4

15 kits of the Ju 88A-1

1 Ju 88A-0 conversion

2x Ju 388L conversions

2x Ju 188E/F conversions

3x Ju 188A/D conversions

1 Ju 88D-2 conversion

1 Ju 88G-10 conversion

2 Ju 88H-1 conversion

5x CMK C-2 conversions

4x Ju 88G-6 conversions

Ju 88A-5 conversion

2x Ju 88P-1 conversions

1x Ju 88R-1 conversion

1x Ju 88T-3 conversion

1x Ju 88S-1 conversion

2x Ju 88A-6 Balloon cutter conversion

Mostly from AIMS, some CMK as noted, L’Arsenal D conversion and just about everything ProfiModeller has put out.  All I need is their bomb bay kit as I have plans for it with an opened up Ju 88A-1.  Plus I’m working on a DuKa 88 conversion for the Ju 88 as well and not sure when I’ll have that ready.  Will I ever get around to building these?  Hahahahaha…..Nope.

• Like 5

• Members
2 hours ago, Peterpools said:

MIkew

Custom built is expensive but by far the best way as you will have what you want and won't have to settle. I started out looking for used display cases but they are hard to find and unless they are local, shipping is a nightmare. I gave up and bought mine from a company in Texas and shipping to New York was very expensive, a few parts were damaged in shipping and had to be replaced and of course, I had to assemble it.

Peter

Peter,

I'll be retiring in the Philippines so should be much cheaper to have what I want built.  Actually going to have the whole man cave built to my specs!

• Like 3

• Members
2 hours ago, DarthLarson said:

14 kits of the Ju 88A-4

15 kits of the Ju 88A-1

1 Ju 88A-0 conversion

2x Ju 388L conversions

2x Ju 188E/F conversions

3x Ju 188A/D conversions

1 Ju 88D-2 conversion

1 Ju 88G-10 conversion

2 Ju 88H-1 conversion

5x CMK C-2 conversions

4x Ju 88G-6 conversions

Ju 88A-5 conversion

2x Ju 88P-1 conversions

1x Ju 88R-1 conversion

1x Ju 88T-3 conversion

1x Ju 88S-1 conversion

Mostly from AIMS, some CMK as noted, L’Arsenal D conversion and just about everything ProfiModeller has put out.  All I need is their bomb bay kit as I have plans for it with an opened up Ju 88A-1.  Plus I’m working on a DuKa 88 conversion for the Ju 88 as well and not sure when I’ll have that ready.  Will I ever get around to building these?  Hahahahaha…..Nope.

OK, you win! :lol:

• Like 2

For some reason I recently gave away my A-4,,, literally, realizing that A-1 full of goodies will be more than enough to represent this type on my shelf. And like everyone here I'm struggling with the size of double engine models. There is Uhu,B-25 and Heineken on the back burner already for the very same reason. :)

• Like 2

• Members
26 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

For some reason I recently gave away my A-4,,, literally, realizing that A-1 full of goodies will be more than enough to represent this type on my shelf. And like everyone here I'm struggling with the size of double engine models. There is Uhu,B-25 and Heineken on the back burner already for the very same reason. :)

The struggle is real, Martin!  Just think if HKM does the Ju 52 and at some point you know someone will do a He 177.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DarthLarson said:

I never win.

Ah, but the game's not over yet Nicholas 

I have only the one A-1 kit, with an AIMS C-4 conversion to do an early N/F variant. Also had another A-1 kit with the full G-6 conversion; but sold it at a local swap meet after the big C reared it's ugly head, and my Oncologist advised me to stop using resins.

Kind of regret that decision now.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DarthLarson said:

14 kits of the Ju 88A-4

15 kits of the Ju 88A-1

1 Ju 88A-0 conversion

2x Ju 388L conversions

2x Ju 188E/F conversions

3x Ju 188A/D conversions

1 Ju 88D-2 conversion

1 Ju 88G-10 conversion

2 Ju 88H-1 conversion

5x CMK C-2 conversions

4x Ju 88G-6 conversions

Ju 88A-5 conversion

2x Ju 88P-1 conversions

1x Ju 88R-1 conversion

1x Ju 88T-3 conversion

1x Ju 88S-1 conversion

F*&% Me!!

Rog :)

• Like 5

• Members
17 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Mike

Sounds fantastic. How many mote years to retirement, as I'm just about there now

Peter

Peter,

3 years, 11 months.  Wish I would have started federal service sooner then I'd be looking at  Feb of 2020 vice Oct of 2022.  Need to get my 30 years in to get the full retirement annuity.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2018 at 9:21 AM, Mikester said:

I've been on the lookout for the big commercial retail display cases.  Sometimes you can pick them up reasonably cheap at going out of business sales.  Eventual plan when I retire is to have custom built in display cases that will accommodate the larger stuff.

I have 4 commercial style cases and they are all full. I don't have room for another case so I'll have to do some creative scrunching up. Even at that I don't have adequate room. :)

• Like 3