The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

14 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

That's pretty sweet Steve, I wonder how suitable is the engraver for cutting plastic.

The laser can cut plasic very well. Here is a 1/6 scale throttle lock screw that is from .030" plastic card  x 4mm dia. You can see the attempts all around the work and the actual tlock used to dimension the work:

IMG-5225.jpg

The laser is mint. I use it regularly to do all kinds of work. I was saved by a guy who got a couple and put all of his mistakes and adventures with the laser on youtube. His name is Russ and he did like 80 vids on these Chinese lasers and without a doubt saved me from wrecking it and helped get past the 'chinglish' barrier. Even then some probs occurred mostly because there are no cut-outs or safety switches or instructions or manual or....! 

Also cutting plexi (acrylic) up to 3/16" the laser polish' the edges of the cut! So cool.

I almost got a job on another forum cutting wing ribs but the guy didn't want to pay me to do the file , and couldn't supply his own file. By the time files are made , samples cut and sent for inspection , amendments made and returned etc all needed to prove the work prior to production , theres no fun or profit in it.

Send me the file , pay me what we agree and you'll get your lasered stuff.

• Like 6

OK, I have realized that I have been neglecting my own topic for a while . You guys are awesome and it is fun to see all the work, that would not be exposed for different reasons. 
So the next prize is TAMIYA MOSQUITO !!! :)

• Like 1