The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

RCAF Lanc 10MP. This really is a group effort

It's unlikely you would find a perfectly painted aircraft or tank anyway. I would bet paint blowing under a mask/stencil or over spray past the masked area is/was very common. They were not painting these things for show, they were painting them to be instantly recognized.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, sluggo said:

It's unlikely you would find a perfectly painted aircraft or tank anyway. I would bet paint blowing under a mask/stencil or over spray past the masked area is/was very common. They were not painting these things for show, they were painting them to be instantly recognized.

It's not like they're painting identifiers on a shovel!  During my short time with the Marine Corps Air wing, I didn't see any untidy stencils on their aircraft.

Some ppl have this idea that the hand painted errors would show up better as the model gets smaller...  But they've got it in reverse.  A half a millimeter mishap on your 1/48 Spitfire is almost 2 scale inches.

They like to point out the Hitler Youth Panzer IV's at Normandy as their example of this phenomena.  All I can say is that the guy who painted those HJ tank numbers must have been:

69-Selfies.jpg

My 2 cents....  in scale!

Gaz

• Like 3

• Administrators

Folks, your good words mean more than you can imagine.   As you know, this ship’s been a favorite of mine since Imwas a small boy, and to see the HK kit come out with 95% of what I needed was a dream come true.  

Please take a close look at this kit and the now almost numerous aftermarket starting to be released to bring your postwar Lanc to life.  I don’t expect the WNW kit to be as easy to convert for a variety of reasons. I can see postwar Brit ASW or Argentinian Lancs in all their glory shining through the great slabs of plastic here.

F6DD109D-8CBB-4A10-9EA9-4C5E77C3A0A8.jpeg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Your asking much! Herr Gaz!

Well...  I hope that being in one piece was the ultimate goal.

423889-L.jpg

After all it only took nine years to complete the Zilwaukee bridge.

• Like 3

• Administrators

Tomorrow, weather it, install exhaust stacks, paint turtleneck and radome.

Next day, finish gear. 

Next day, mount gear, tail unit, bomb bays, rear K-24 box, props and gear doors.

Next day. Antennas, radar, position lights, and rigging.

Next two days, canopy, nose bowl, rear turret, unmask, pack it to go.

Two minutes before I leave, unpack it to install forgotten ailerons. 

• Like 5