The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

RCAF Lanc 10MP. This really is a group effort

28 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

Three replies to 1,000....

But I won't be a dick and make two more meaningless posts...  lol

Here is a challenge I cannot resist :) (being a dick, I mean) ... one thousand ... 

Hubert

• Like 3

• Administrators
5 hours ago, HubertB said:

Oh, and by the way, VERY nice work, Ernie. It’s going to be a real show stopper !

Hubert - 1001

(Do I see some silvering under the « 104 » decal on the fuselage side ? )

Whew!  Just looked Hubert. No, it was the light...

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

You’re going to  have to photograph the hell out of this baby when you’re done......gorgeous 

Thanks Phil, and will do.

What I NEED to do is figure out those cheek arrays. They’re not correct for this ship and so for neith Jeff or I have found decent useable pics of them.  There’s plenty of pics, but the problem I that they throw shadows onto the surface and confuse the person trying to model them.   It’s semi irritating. 

Some RCAF Daks used the same style

ABF6F4CE-F1DE-4B56-98A2-B954395E6D01.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not wanting to detract from the original thread but this is HK Lancaster related . . . .

Could I use this (these) in my build I wonder ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-1-18-Car-RS370-High-Speed-Brushed-Electric-Engine-Motor/253489502769?hash=item3b0526da31:g:PqEAAOSw-H1a88R2

I'm not sure about the voltage, 220volts DC,  and want to know if I purchase a battery pack to hold a 9V battery or TWO AA batteries, would it turn the motor which in turn would turn the propeller .. . . ???

• Like 4

Ernie, not sure if this helps, but P-61 black windows appear to have the same cheek radar setup. Here's a photo to show:

The radar has two dipoles per unit, long dipole in the rear, with an angled support piece. I've seen them in photo-etch/turned brass before, I'm just trying to find them. Not too terribly hard to reproduce.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

P-61_Black_Widow_332_Vivacious_Vivian_of_the_550th_Night_Fighter_Squadron.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

If it wasn’t for the very real fear of wrecking a promising build at the last second, performing the multitude of little details necessary to bring the model to the next level is extremely enjoyable. 

Thanks for looking. 

• Like 7

• Administrators

Dennis, YOU DA MAN!!!!

now I've got to dig out my P-61 and see if those are in there somewhere....

Those are the ones, that's for sure.  I guess it stands to reason that a postwar Canada would Americanize their equipment as much as needed, and honestly, that's the one single avenue I hadn't investigated.

Did you say there might be some AM versions of these out there somewhere?  I'm quite happy to scratch them, but if a small company makes them, I'll support them.

• Like 5