The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Welcome to the D-Day 75th Anniversary Group Build!

• Administrators

You maniacs got me all looking at service vehicles. I did a trade for a couple...

29358170-CD7C-4E60-9A5B-1BAEBABA02A2.jpeg

3585C824-F51C-4587-90BA-0A2CB3665BA5.jpeg

Then this.. with a hedge trimmer attachment for keeping your lawn looking neat and tidy.

But I’m just NOT a fan of rubber band tracks.

4F7193BB-AFB0-48DC-A83B-4CC70F02EAB4.jpeg

65D0D7C0-3214-4D0A-92E5-E07327F012BE.jpeg

• Like 6

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Ernie, I think you need to get a Scammell:

1559450834676-L.jpg

There's a wrecker version too. I'm going to give it a shot after the Jagdpanther.

As for the M10, I built one years ago. It's a pretty good kit. 

Carl

Agreed, Carl. That looks awesome. Not sure on the rubberband tracks for the M-10 though. I might look for options, possibly metal?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

Agreed, Carl. That looks awesome. Not sure on the rubberband tracks for the M-10 though. I might look for options, possibly metal?

I used Fruil metal tracks on one, ModelKasten on another and AFV Club's plastic tracks on a couple more. They all have pros and cons. Modelkasten are the hardest to put together as each link is 8 parts (9 if you're using the duck bills). Be ready for a padded room by the time you're done. 

• Like 4

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I used Fruil metal tracks on one, ModelKasten on another and AFV Club's plastic tracks on a couple more. They all have pros and cons. Modelkasten are the hardest to put together as each link is 8 parts (9 if you're using the duck bills). Be ready for a padded room by the time you're done. 

Carl, I have a hard enough time building 40 bombs for an A-6 or A-7, so I’d certainly blow an artery working on those metal tracks. Maybe a nice, safe 1/16 T-34 instead and stay away from treaded things on this GB? A treadhead I am not...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Carl, I have a hard enough time building 40 bombs for an A-6 or A-7, so I’d certainly blow an artery working on those metal tracks. Maybe a nice, safe 1/16 T-34 instead and stay away from treaded things on this GB? A treadhead I am not...

The Fruil tracks are probably the easiest option Ernie. Just stick a wire through them and cut it to length. No glue needed. 

Or there's this option:.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F302949609913

Fully assembled metal tracks. I haven't tried them yet but I am tempted. 

• Like 2

On 5/19/2019 at 1:32 AM, Wumm said:

Agreed...

The Magic Tracks on the build I'm considering are less than a centimetre long, and there's 41 links to assemble each side.

IMG20190519151452.thumb.jpg.7ccacefa26fa8e03c5ef268c27b80196.jpg

My plan would be; pour a large glass of red Wine, squirt some Super glue randomly on the Worktop, and throw the whole lot up in the air like the Asparagus Clairvoyant does.

Can't come out much worse surely!

Are those for a halftrack? I did both sides of a set for a 251 in about three hours and managed to keep them workable. I like Magic Tracks.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, [CAT]CplSlade said:

Are those for a halftrack? I did both sides of a set for a 251 in about three hours and managed to keep them workable. I like Magic Tracks.

Yes Carl,

The Half-track one size down, so a little smaller than the '251. But at least there's not cleanup required (I presume.)

• Like 2

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Come Ernie you’re got through your hat in on this one, what about a Dragon Wagon with a trackless tank on the back............

Phil, once the Lanc’s done, I’ll jump on the White 6x6 cargo, them I’ll examine my options for sure

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, Mikester said:

Temecula Valley Model Club is pleased to announce that we will be donating this kit for one lucky prize winner, to be determined by random drawing for each participant who completes a build.

What a great bunch...

Thanks Mike!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I fear some of this might be on me.  I had mentioned elongating the build and I would then offer a prize for said extension.  While my build still awaits completion, I am unaware of any other incomplete, participating builds.  Should this be the case ( I have no dog in this fight), may I suggest an alternate group build to which my promised award can be applied.  For the exact type of award an admin can contact me in this regard.

• Like 2