The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

IPMS USA Nationals 2019 pictures

Clunkmeister

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Artful69 said:

A huge thank you for grabbing those shots people!! ...

Some VERY nice work there ... a great mix of Civvy and Military stuff.

Rog :)

I’m certainly hoping you can make it out for this one year

• Like 3

Some great stuff to be seen there, I particularly like the Doolittle raiders on the carrier. :unworthy:

Must be great to be able to walk around and see space between oneself and another punter, makes taking photos easier.

Many thanks for sharing those photos chaps, its always good to see how well other make the same stuff as us B)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

Thanks guys for the pics, absolutely stunning.........your Nats are on my bucket list..........if any of you get to Telford let me know. To me having your Nats over 4 days make sense, unfortunately Telford is only two days .........

Telford and a visit to Eduard are on my European bucket list!

• Like 2

Somebody managed to stretch out my mast rigging, so i’ll have to do it over when I get it home

my guess is that it happened while one of the judges was handling it - it looks like they bumped the rigging lines while looking at some of the interior details

image.jpg

• Like 3

• Administrators
1 hour ago, crazypoet said:

Somebody managed to stretch out my mast rigging, so i’ll have to do it over when I get it home

my guess is that it happened while one of the judges was handling it - it looks like they bumped the rigging lines while looking at some of the interior details

image.jpg

Oh man!  That’s never good. I was looking at your build earlier, sir, and it’s stunning.  I love wooden boats.  Is it plastic or Mono Line? Or did you use metal? I’m just wondering if the humidity got to it, because even the close ones look a bit sagged on the bottom by the turnbuckles. I fight that issue constantly with my WNW builds.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

Oh man!  That’s never good. I was looking at your build earlier, sir, and it’s stunning.  I love wooden boats.  Is it plastic or Mono Line? Or did you use metal? I’m just wondering if the humidity got to it, because even the close ones look a bit sagged on the bottom by the turnbuckles. I fight that issue constantly with my WNW builds.

It’s nylon thread, which i’ve used in the past - it’s pretty tough stuff.

i checked a bit ago, and the boiler was a bit loose where it’s pinned to the deck - it seems that it took a bit of a bump.  Nothing that isn’t fixable - I just hope that it happened *after* the judges made their decision! :rtfm:

• Like 4

• Administrators
2 hours ago, crazypoet said:

It’s nylon thread, which i’ve used in the past - it’s pretty tough stuff.

i checked a bit ago, and the boiler was a bit loose where it’s pinned to the deck - it seems that it took a bit of a bump.  Nothing that isn’t fixable - I just hope that it happened *after* the judges made their decision! :rtfm:

No kidding. That’s too bad and it truly sucks! 

• Like 2

Great pics guys!  Thank you for sharing!  Great to see some of the guys here represented.  Lots of talent there.    

My local show is coming soon.  I've volunteered to judge this year.  Hope I remember my glasses.  Not submitting anything, though.  My skillz need more honing.

Gaz

• Like 3

11 hours ago, crazypoet said:

image.jpg

Sorry that happened, a judge should write a note on the paper, saying it was damaged in judging, and I did see a few notes while setting awards at the tables. On the other hand, my helo was damaged too, they moved it to another table, broke off an antenna, and pushed two more into the tail boom, and nobody made an notes on my paper, but at least those antennas drew blood (.005 piano wire, ouch)!

• Like 1