The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Both my parents are in ICU

Clunkmeister

Going thro a very similar thing right now.

My youngest sister has been a real pain in the backside making demands and all kinda stupid suggestions.

The solicitor will sort things out . . . .

I am thinking of your parents, my father went to ICU some years ago and my mom died a year this November.

I hope they can be as comfortable as humanly possible.

David

• Like 6

• Administrators

Update, folks.

Mom’s cognitive ability measures at 7 out of 100. Other than that, she’s doing well.

Dad’s a bit better, but nowhere near ideal. His CO2 levels are down, but he’s stopped fighting the BiPAP mask after some adjustments to pressure. 

My brother is quite uptight because he isn’t being consulted despite living with them full time. As the eldest, I have the dubious honor of being Power of Attorney, besides, his autism may disqualify him, I dunno.

But on Friday we took my best friend to Emergency.  Pain si liar to a kidney stone a 9 out of 10 ad could barely function. A CAT scan found a huge aneurism in his aorta, adjacent to his kidneys. It had leaked previously and he was immediately sedated, drugged up, and stabilized. Restorative surgery tomorrow morning.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

Uhhh boy, just got a call from Joy, and her Uncle Ronnie was involved in a car accident and he's now in emergency surgery. 78 years old and probably shouldn't have been on the road. 

Bloody hell!!!

Talk about events occurring in waves.

Geez mate, it is hard to know what to say except good luck with all this.

Perhaps contact this bloke. He's in Campsie.

ovBT2L.jpg

• Like 4

Talk about things just piling on. Hope things go well for your uncle. 

I was in the car with my dad last week and I'm really starting to think he needs to look at giving up his license. Which he won't without a fight. 

Carl

Edit: just saw your post. My condolences to you and your family.

• Like 3

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

Passed away? Oh  man so sorry. :(

Yep. My wife also is an EMT, so she was there with the rest of the family when I was at work. She was counting breaths and noticing the signs. She had them ready.

Oh man this has been two weeks from hell for me. I can’t remember ever being this broken up. My entire family is dying all around me.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

Yep. My wife also is an EMT, so she was there with the rest of the family when I was at work. She was counting breaths and noticing the signs. She had them ready.

Oh man this has been two weeks from hell for me. I can’t remember ever being this broken up. My entire family is dying all around me.

Blody hell, Ernie. I wish I was there. You are and will remain in my thoughts.

• Like 3

• Administrators

It’s all good guys. I’m fine as is Joy. Y’all are like extended family, so I put it here. I’ve been lucky enough to have very little death in my family, so I was there for others. Now all the bad comes at once. I’m well into my fifties, so it’s time.

• Like 4

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Ern I am so very sorry to hear that

If you need anything on this side of the pond, just let me know.

• Like 4

Jeepers Ernie!!  This is hectic. I wanted to share the story of my brother with you, but will rather not. Just know I share in your pain. Condolences. One thinks family/siblings will be there for you , but they can be the most underhanded fahrktwarts out there, back stabbing coniving SOB's. My dad passed 16  years ago, and I have not seen or spoken to my siblings since.  

I am actually fuming right now. So sorry buddy. 

• Like 4