Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Which company would you choose to make your most desired model?

Well Dale, I'd go a Saab Viggen just because I love the double delta, the splinter cammo and they just look totally functional, no 'fancy bits'!

In terms of manufacturer I'd say Tamiya for quality and engineering but that ain't ever happening, so I'll go Fly as they're doing the Tunan and this might almost be a possibility.

• Like 4

Awww crap ... An here's me promising myself not to fantasize ...

HGW are already doing an A.20G ... Which means getting one in the Zoukei-Mura treatment is even MORE unlikely than it was previously.

Ok ... So ... a Do.17z - BoF or BoB ... OR Vickers Wellington Mk.III ... OR Boulton Paul Defiant.

For the BPD ... Zoukei Mura or Tamiya ... if it was going be super detailed and highly accurate. Tamiya hasn't gone bigger than the Mossie .... and TBH I don't think they're inclined to go bigger ...

For the Do.17z I'd be ok with Revell doing it IF and ONLY IF the price point was decent ... HKM otherwise ... Dragon (if they could build up the kit as well done as the Bf.110) ... with a 'cheap' HB or Trumpy as a last resort.

HKM for the Wellington ... they've done a few of the "Big Boys" now and seem to know what it'll take as well as getting better for every new issue.

Rog :)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

I would add ZM to this list, and Hasegawa.

Yes, agreed................. I am yet to try a ZM kit, but have never really had any duds with Hasegawa............ I remember back in the day they were the cutting edge............. still are actually but light years ahead of some of the old school companies.....

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Awww crap ... An here's me promising myself not to fantasize ...

HGW are already doing an A.20G ... Which means getting one in the Zoukei-Mura treatment is even MORE unlikely than it was previously.

Ok ... So ... a Do.17z - BoF or BoB ... OR Vickers Wellington Mk.III ... OR Boulton Paul Defiant.

For the BPD ... Zoukei Mura or Tamiya ... if it was going be super detailed and highly accurate. Tamiya hasn't gone bigger than the Mossie .... and TBH I don't think they're inclined to go bigger ...

For the Do.17z I'd be ok with Revell doing it IF and ONLY IF the price point was decent ... HKM otherwise ... Dragon (if they could build up the kit as well done as the Bf.110) ... with a 'cheap' HB or Trumpy as a last resort.

HKM for the Wellington ... they've done a few of the "Big Boys" now and seem to know what it'll take as well as getting better for every new issue.

Rog :)

Some good shouts there Rog.

A Wellington would be brilliant. I inherited a wooden one which was built for my dad by his uncle, who was a carpenter, just after the war but it's long since gone. The geodesic structure gives lots of textural options as well.

• Like 3

• Administrators

My absolute dream kit of epic need (whatever that means) is Sir Barnes Wallis’s masterpiece the Vickers Wellington, done by WNW. 

The subtle fabric and framing effects that WNW is famous for would be showcased to perfection on a Wellington.

It’s an important bomber, and extremely overlooked.

Next in line would be a C-46 by HK followed by a Norseman, Beaver, Otter, Caribou, and Buffalo by Kitty Hawk or HGW/HPH.

• Like 5

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, krow113 said:

1/32 Wimpys and Clunks would be 3 & 4 for me , I don't care who makes 'em , just do it!

It blows my mind that we don’t even have a decent Clunk in 1/48.  That was a seriously important aircraft through the mid 50s and along with its partner in crime the F-89, gets absolutely ZERO love from model companies. 

• Like 3